Update 2.15.08: Unboxing the Sony mylo 2 (COM-2)
Due to an overbooking at the Samsung press conference, we headed via courtesy shuttle to the Convention Center to get in line early for the Sony conference. We got dropped off in an odd location and ended up getting a sneak peek at just about everything as we walked through the showroom looking for the Sony booth.
When we found it, guess what I made a beeline for. Yep, the brand new mylo sporting, among other things, an 800 x 480 touchscreen! Check out some additional pics and details below.
There’s still another hour before the press conference, where the unit will no doubt get a proper unveiling, but why wait? Here are the quick specs:
- 3.5-inch LCD touchscreen (800 x 480)
- Backlit, slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Access NetFront web browser with Adobe Flash Lite 3 support
- IM via AIM, Yahoo Messenger, and Google Talk
- Built-in 1.3-megapixel digital camera with macro mode
- Internet video calls via Skype
- Music (MP3, WMA, AAC, ATRAC), video (MPEG4-SP/ASP, AVC baseline), and photo (JPG, PNG, BMP)
- Casual Flash games
- Send and receive email (Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail, and Gmail)
- 1GB internal memory, Memory Stick Duo/PRO Duo expansion slot (up to 8GB)
- Removable 1200mAh li-ion battery
- Battery life: Up to 20 hours music playback, 7 hours video playback, 6 hours web browsing, 6 hours VoIP
Update 1.9.08: More Sony mylo (COM-2) pictures.