With the HTC Advantage X7510 inching ever closer to an official release, I thought it might be worthwhile to take a look at some of the car cradles/mounts that are already available for it.
Like its predecessors (X7501 and X7500), the upcoming unit’s 5-inch display, great battery life, and built-in GPS make it well worth considering for use in the car. Mounted to the dashboard or windshield and with or without its magnetic keyboard, the X7510 would make an excellent travel companion not only for its navigational abilities but also for its mobile entertainment functions.
Check out six different mounting solutions compatible with all models of the HTC Advantage below.
Carcomm Mobile Cradle
- Powers and charges Advantage through integrated "high efficiency charging system"
- Uses original HTC cradle connector
- Single output connector splits into cigarette-lighter plug and PS/2 female connector
Includes: Cradle, extra fuse cable (to hardwire cradle into car), two screwsets, rotating swivel, window mount with suction cup
Price: $97 from eXpansys
Executive Tower Mount
It isn’t identified as such, but I’m almost positive that this is actually a Herbert Richter mount.
- Vibration-free mount
- Rotating swivel for flexible positioning
- Extendable arm
Includes: Holder, spring-action suction mount, self-adhesive disc (to adhere to other surfaces)
Price: £35 (about $69) from PDA Hut
Herbert Richter Gooseneck Car Holder Pack
- Holder attaches to various Herbert Richter mounts
- Flexible neck adjusts to any viewing angle
Includes: Holder, 6.7-inch gooseneck suction mount
Price: $44 from eXpansys
ProClip/Brodit Holder with Tilt Swivel
- Can be used with or without Advantage keyboard attached
- Holder tilts 15 degrees in any direction, swivels 360 degrees
- Most of temperature-resistant ABS plastic
Includes: Holder only (vehicle mounts sold separately)
Price: $35 from ProClip (additional styles available)
TomTom Car Kit
- Install on windshield or dashboard in seconds
- Built-in "advanced amplification circuit and slimline speaker"
- Powered by cigarette lighter or hardwired into electrical system
Includes: Cradle, windshield mount, vent mount, dashboard mount
Price: £19 (about $40) from PDAMODS
Universal Oversized Car Mount Kit
- Goosneck pedestal absorbs vibration
- Padded side grips hold Advantage securely
- Adjustable holder fits devices 2.67 to 6.02 inches long (Advantage is 5.24 inches)
Includes: Holder, "one set vent pothook with two hooks" (not sure what this means), suction-cup mount
Price: $17.50 from E-Gadget Depot
If you know of any other car mounts for the HTC Advantage, please feel free to share them in the comments section below.