Fujitsu LifeBook U2010 headed to US as U820

Fuji_u820_label

Exactly as stated in the title, the Fujitsu LifeBook U2010 mini convertible will be sold in the US as the U820. Given its improvements over the U810 (1280 x 800 vs. 1024 x 600 touchscreen, 1.6GHz Atom Z530 vs. 800MHz A110, 6-row keyboard vs. 5-row keyboard, etc.), I half-expected it to be given more than just a small bump in model number. Maybe the U910 is being reserved for something more groundbreaking.

The U820 user manual, along with various documents and a few low-quality pics, were outed by the FCC last week but only discovered today by jkkmobile. Believe it or not, I actually searched for it last night but limited the "grant date range" to August (and it became available for public consumption on July 30!).

There are already a lot of live shots and hands-on photos of the Atom-based UMPC floating around, but here’s a bunch of labeled drawings from the manual to add to the mix.

U820_notebook_fig

U820_keyboard_fig

U820_slate_fig

U820_left_fig

U820_right_fig

U820_bottom_fig

See all of the FCC docs here. As before, US pricing and an actual release date are unknown.

become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

6 thoughts on “Fujitsu LifeBook U2010 headed to US as U820

August 4, 2008 at 9:36 pm

I hope it costs less than $1,000. The U810 started at that but with the lower cost netbooks eating up ultraportable PC sales maybe Fujitsu will lower it to something like $800. Or is that just a pipe dream?

August 5, 2008 at 5:01 pm

Now that it’s in FCC what would be a realistic guess as to what the release date might be?

August 5, 2008 at 8:04 pm

My guess is that we’ll see an official announcement by the end of the month. Actual ship date could be some time after that, but since Fujitsu has released devices on the same day they were announced before (I think), it could happen again with the U820.

Are you 100% sold on it?

August 7, 2008 at 4:34 pm

If I remember right the U810 was anounced in August to be released in September of 2007. Probably going be the same with the U820. I think a lot of electronics are released in the Sept-Nov range for the people eager to purchase for holiday gifts. I could be wrong though.

I have the U810 now and love it and will probably love the U820 even more. I have a few people tentatively lined up to buy my U810 when I get the U820 and there is always ebay I can sell it on.

I’m sure it won’t be long because I see on Fujitsu’s Singapore site they anounced it yesterday.

November 3, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Thanks, Tim. I’ve just written it up on the front page.