Rather than spend time tracking down and compiling a good set of tips and tweaks for speeding up Windows Vista on your UMPC, wouldn’t you like to find them all in one place? Believe it or not, Kohjinsha Singapore has already done the legwork and put together a nice list of 10 speed tweaks that can make a huge difference in Vista performance.
None of the tips will be new to Vista tweakers, but the list is a great resource for first-time UMPC users or OS newbies. It includes simple explanations and step-by-step instructions on how to disable various features, so it’s really user-friendly too.
To improve Vista performance, Kohjinsha offers the following suggestions:
- Turn off Windows Search Indexing.
- Turn off Remote Differential Compression.
- Turn off Automatic Windows Defender Operation.
- Turn off Automatic Disk Defragmentation.
- Add a 2GB or higher USB flash drive to take advantage of Windows Ready Boost.
- Turn off Windows Hibernation.
- Turn off System Restore.
- Disable User Access Control.
- Disable excess Windows Services that auto-launch at startup.
- Disable excess Windows Features.
Check out the original list for more details.
Thanks, cenonmin![Pocketables Forum (post #12)]