CES 2009: iriver P7, P35, D50N, and WAVE-HOME
As in years past, iriver is unveiling a slew of new products at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Though some of the devices on display this year have been seen before, 4 of the 12 gadgets listed on the tech preview document sent out a month before CES (and under embargo until today) promise to be among the most talked about iriver products this year.
I’ll get some live shots and hands-on time soon but here’s all the official information known so far about the iriver P7, P35, D50N, and WAVE-HOME (previously called UNIT 2-S).
The P7 is the PMP shown above.
From the press release (key specs in bold):
Iriver’s sleek new P7 is the perfect on-the-go media companion for any trend-setter. The P7 will be available in 4, 8 and 16GB NAND flash models, making the player slimmer and lighter than HDD-type PMPs, and also more durable. Functions include video, music, photo viewer, FM and voice recording. The compact P7 delivers up to 50 hours of audio playback time and full movie codec support for enjoying the latest films or videos. The intuitive new user interface and brilliant 4.3" LCD touchscreen make the player a snap to use and control. Enhanced features include SRS WOW HD and 7 Preset EQ settings, plus microSD slot.
- 4.3" TFT 480 x 272 touchscreen
- Built-in WiFi and G-sensor (automatic screen rotation and physical "shake" function to change songs)
- 16GB and 32GB internal flash with microSD card slot
- SPINN technology that "matches digital performance with the retro feel of analog user controls"
- "Full movie codecs," TV-Out, 30fps video playback
- Integrated speaker, Flash games, office viewer
- DSLR RAW file support
- USB 2.0 OTG
- FM radio, voice recording, drawing, and DMB where available
The D50N multimedia networking device reminds me of the iriver Wing that has still not taken flight. Here are its main specs:
- 4.8" TFT 800 x 480 touchscreen
- Built-in WiFi
- Full internet browsing and instant messaging
- 16GB NAND flash with microSD card slot
- Other features: music, video, photo, office viewer, FM radio, voice recording, and dictionary
The WAVE-HOME is a next-generation multimedia communications device that includes a base station and wireless handset. It is designed to be the "ultimate all-in-one solution that provides advanced multimedia, web and phone capabilities – a comprehensive communications hub that keeps you totally connected and in control at home, at the office and in your life."
- 7" TFT 800 x 480 touchscreen
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet for broadband internet connection
- Web browser and internet radio
- 1.3-megapixel CMOS camera
- 2.5W stereo speakers
- USB 2.0 host, SD card slot
- Functions: internet video phone, VoIP, SMS/MMS, widgets, phone sync, Flash games, music, video, photo, FM radio
The other 8 "new" products listed on the tech preview document and on display at CES 2009 are the iriver W10 (Wave phone), P10, P20, E100 Season 2, E50, Mplayer Eyes, Mplayer Season 2, and NV Mini.
Note: Pocketables is based in Honolulu, HI, and follows the HST timezone. This post was published at 10:01 p.m. HST on January 7, which is 12:01 a.m. PST on January 8 in Vegas. The content of this post was under embargo until January 8, PST.