FeaturesMP3 Players

Free Flash game packs for Cowon S9 (and Samsung P3)

S9_p3_flash_games

As shown in my recent three-way touchscreen media player comparison, the Cowon S9 and Samsung P3 (YP-P3) both come with built-in Flash players. A variety of files can be transferred for playback on both players, but what probably comes to mind most immediately and what users want to load up first are Flash games. The problem, of course, is how to get them.

Sure, you can scour the internet to find free games that you can individually download, transfer, and test. But wouldn't you rather just head over to the iAudiophile.net Forums and grab over 250 games bundled into three game packs instead? The games have all been compiled and tested by da1writer to run on the S9 using the touchscreen and/or hardware buttons for controls, so many of them can be played on the Samsung P3 as well.

The game packs are RAR files, which can be extracted with a free utility like IZArc, and each contain 84 Flash games in SWF format (the games preloaded on the P3 are in AAB format, but SWF files are also supported).

Once extracted, the games can be transferred loose or in folders via simple drag-and-drop into the pre-existing Flash folders on the players.

S9_p3_flash

To access the games, just tap the Flash icon on both devices.

S9_p3_flashgames_list1

S9_p3_flashgames_list2

I transferred the game packs in their original folders and as you can see above, the P3 (bottom) held onto the folder structure while the S9 (top) merged all the games into a single list.

S9_p3_flash_games_both

The games come from all over the place, including other players, so not all of them make full use of the S9 and P3's 480 x 272 screen resolution.

And again, some will run but can't actually be played on the P3 because they're not controllable with the touchscreen. Which ones are affected is easy to determine because da1writer was kind enough to include each game's controls (touch, buttons, or touch + buttons) next to the title. I didn't double-check carefully, but I think there are 209 touch-controlled games. Fantastic!

Game titles: Game Pack 1 | Game Pack 2 | Game Pack 3

Here's a very small sampling of the 252 games included in the packs.

S9_p3_games

S9_p3_games (2)

S9_p3_games (3)

S9_p3_games (4)

S9_p3_games (5)

Thanks, James!

25 thoughts on “Free Flash game packs for Cowon S9 (and Samsung P3)

• This is definetely getting me to want an S9 even more :)

Was the brighness level on the screen of the P3 turned down and the S9 turned up or is the screen on the S9 that much more stunning?

• i have a S9 the screen is outstanding, video quality is superb. also the tv out works very good, there is a firmware upgrade that gives the tv out so much more fine tuning.

the S9 is brilliant

• The Cowon S9 has AMOLED screen. Which other players don’t. You should Google about AMOLED screen more. It is wondeful. :)

• I was searching on google for free online flash games and i found http://www.jhankar.pk/games.html This sites latest and all time favorite flash games from various flash gamers publishers like miniclip, addictinggames,flashgames247 etc

So i strongly recommend to check both the sites and leave your feedback.

Thanks

• Thank you so much for posting this. This helps me getting entertained and kills some time.

• Thank you for the game links. I just ordered a P3 8 gig. Total price was $135.00. I was just searching for games.

come li scarico sti benedetti giochi???

devi andare dove è scritto “game titles” sopra le figure e troverai scritto game pack 1,2,3 =)

• io ho formattato il P3… come faccio per riscaricarmi tutti i giochi e le altre “cose” ke mi si sono cancellate .???.

• I love you guy! xD
    I’m a Italian boy and i looking for some flash games for my samsung P3.
    After a veeeeeryyy looong search on italian site I tried with english blogs..
    And I Found what i’m looking for!!!
    Thanks again!

• Guarda che non è difficile.. basta che ti riscarichi i giochi dai link che quel santo dell’autore ha postato. Basta…
    Poi per le altre “cose” come le chiami tu… va beh quello è affar tuo… Dovevi fare un backup!

downloaded the games and the IZArc can’t figure out how to get the games on my P3 Help!

I have an S9. the video and screen quality is unbeliveable. best I have seen. My friend as a zune and he is impressed by the screen on my S9

• How do you get the games out of the rar. file? the p3 supports a different file.

sto riamando il mio p3, oggi ho scoperto che posso chiamare se collegato al bluetooth col mio cellulare, il che è una mano santo visto che dentro la mia mega borsa non lo trovo mai mentre il p3 ce l’ho sempre in tasca!!
    e poi pure tutti ‘sti giooochi!! per non parlare dei temi che ho scovato su un sito russo!! fichissimi!!
    ah, che bella giornata :)

• Wicked, thanks for that! An amazing compilation of games.

• That was amazing…
    One question:
    Does all flash games run smoothly on S9?

• riesci a darmi il sito?

• if anyone can help i tried to download the files but it just stops after 99% complete. do i need to have an account on this site or something?

• When i click download on the page, something pops up and says do you want to find, or save… i click on find and it doesn’t work what to i do? Please help!!!

• are these games good for YpR1 too of the samsung?
    It is a mini ipod.I downloaded all pack1 and Izac to open it as he says, but the program does not open, comes with a screen blocnotes all written but not games not even
    the shadow