How to see what’s draining your HTC EVO 4G battery
The HTC EVO has a ton of strong points, but the amount of time its 1500mAh standard battery will work before calling it a day isn’t one of them.
Just as 3G has a hearty appetite for battery juice on other phones, 4G is the hungriest thing on board the EVO. Sending the insatiable 4G radio away from the table won’t prove infinite nourishment for everything else on the phone, of course, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on everyone’s portions.
And there’s a very easy way to do it. Built right into Android 2.1 is a handy battery usage utility that shows you an itemized list of what has been using the EVO’s battery since the last time it was unplugged.
Here’s how to find it:
- Press the Menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and press About phone.
- Then tap Battery followed by Battery use.
An even easier way to access the information is to create a shortcut to it on one of your home screens.
- Tap + on the home screen.
- Select Shortcut from the “Add to Home” list that appears.
- Tap Settings at the bottom.
- Choose Battery use.
- When using the shortcut, tap Menu -> Refresh to display current statistics.