AccessoriesStreakSmart

Dell Streak nicely integrated into Dodge Ram dashboard

Streak-dodge-ram-setupWant to see how the Dell Streak can be used as more than just a simple navigation unit in the car?

Then check out how YouTube user codywnorris has set up the Streak in his 2009 Dodge Ram using the official dock and auto mount (plate only), Kenwood DDX 814 head unit, Gefen HDMI to composite scaler, HDMI and composite cables, and 650W power inverter.

In his video demo (below), Cody shows a movie running from the Streak to the head unit and the flip-down screen for backseat passengers, receives a phone call that can be answered with either device, and talks about streaming audio over Bluetooth and of course using his truck's speaker system to hear voice-guided navigation instructions from the Streak. Nice!

Thanks, X-Man!

9 thoughts on “Dell Streak nicely integrated into Dodge Ram dashboard

• Man this is soooo….sick. I am heavy into Car audio and this will set my system off……!!!!!!!! Dammit I can’t wait.

• WOW….This is so so so so coool. I must say bravo to Cody for his innovative thinking. AWESOME!

• Thanks, guys. A big THANKS to my buddy, Jaime for all of the install help. I had an idea & he helped make it a reality… More to come for sure. We have some pretty cool ideas in mind if we can find enough change under the couch cushions. =)

• Can you send the navigation of the streak to the HU. I have a z110bt and the gps is definitely sub-par to google maps.

• still working on that at the moment, David… As it is now, the only video out is on the Videos…

• Cody, you rock!!!

Please keep us in the loop on this site. Looking forward to your future projects.

• Thanks, brother. I have a few things up my sleeve. Keep your eyes on my YouTube channel ;)

Cody this is pretty cool man. I was also thinking about a Archos 5 Internet tablet and use a newer Android phone for tethering via bluetooth.

It also has a AV dock available. I just can’t find any info on using Google Maps Navigation on the Archos.

Have you tried Car Home from the Android Market yet?