Since it's usually a bit of an EVO love fest around here, let's cut through some of the sap today and talk about what we don't like about the phone.
Most of my qualms are with Android but until the EVO is running another mobile operating system out of the box, I'm looking at the whole package and not treating the hardware and software separately. I don't have too many complaints about the device—and many could be fixed with a software update—but here they are in no particular order:
- Protruding camera lens
- Window limit in stock browser
- Double-tap zooming in stock browser cuts off image (would rather have double tap zoom into entire column so text and full image are visible)
- Screen timeout setting keeps resetting to 30 seconds (not sure what's going on here)
- Gmail app lacks copy-and-paste, images in HTML messages can't be resized, Reply button is too buried (would rather have it in the same "Archive, Delete, Older" toolbar that never moves), attachments must be added one at a time (we shouldn't have to use the "gallery trick")
- Separating screen and subsequent light leakage
And that's it, really. I don't have any problems with battery life, WiFi performance, or the 30fps cap, which is why they're not on my list of things I dislike about the HTC EVO 4G. What's on yours?