Since we've already got a running list of all the new features and changes in the Froyo update for the HTC EVO and the comments are becoming unmanageable in the "living up to your expectations" post, let's put together a list of all the bugs, problems, and strange behavior we're experiencing here.
I don't think there's anything that everyone across the board is experiencing, as it seems that there are always people who don't have the problems that others are having, but certain issues do appear to be more common.
I've started a list below based on what I've personally seen on my EVO and what people have reported in the comments here on G&E, but I'll continue to update it with anything you guys think should be added.
Remember, these are not bugs/problems that have been confirmed or acknowledged by HTC. They are simply the problems that EVO users have experienced after updating to Android 2.2 (Froyo), including problems with apps. Your mileage may vary.
- Battery life is worse. Some people have said that it stabilizes and gets back to normal after a few days of use. Note that the official update resets many of the settings that you have may have changed to improve battery life, so you may want to run through the battery tips again to make sure you have everything set up the way you want it.
- Flash video playback in the browser is choppy.
- Stock keyboard lags or force closes.
- 4G radio won't turn on.
- Screen timeout automatically resets back to lowest interval.
- YouTube doesn't play all videos.
- Swype may have to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Duplicate Facebook birthdays appear in Calendar.
- Sense home screen takes a long time to load.
- Scrolling in stock browser is slower. This is likely due to Flash content.
- Some third-party chargers don't charge the phone anymore.
- Test mode and debug mode are no longer accessible.
- Gallery app is slower.
- Streaming audio apps (SiriusXM, Slacker, etc.) aren't working properly.
- Music doesn't resume after being paused/interrupted by navigation and notifications.
- AAC+ and eAAC+ aren't being decoded correctly, resulting in poor sound quality.
- Flip-over to mute ringer feature has been removed.
- Camera and/or Camcorder aren't working. Many users have reported that the third-party LED Light app (if you have it) is the cause; uninstalling it resolves the issue.
- Screen sometimes gets stuck in landscape orientation.
- Messages app lags.
- Gmail accounts are not syncing in real-time; unreliable email syncing in general.
- Browser crashes more frequently. This is likely due to Flash content.
- Voice-to-text isn't working.
- Ringtones and notification sounds are randomized.
- Touchscreen is less sensitive/responsive.
- Unlock slider lags.
- Stock music player isn't working properly.
- Phone app occasionally freezes and won't allow incoming calls to be answered.
- Confirmation message after deleting photo in landscape mode is upside down.
- Previously nstalled apps don't show up in "Downloads" in Android Market until after a new app is installed.
- WiFi is disabled when phone is plugged in and/or unplugged.
For what it's worth, I've only seen a few of these things on my EVO.