StreakSmart

Red Dell Streak also available in France

Streak-red-phonehouse

While those in the US still can't even get a black Dell Streak, the red Streak is popping up for our friends across the Atlantic, first for those in the UK and now for those in France.

The Phone House (known as Carphone Warehouse in other countries) is now selling the device in black and red for 99 to 529 euros, depending on accompanying voice/data service. The capacity of the included microSD card isn't listed, so it isn't clear whether buyers are getting a 32GB card like O2 subscribers can get or a 16GB card like everyone else.

New Cherry Red, as it has been referred to on the Direct2Dell blog, was expected to be available in the US "soon" after Carbon Black went on sale; however, given the current state of the US release, it may be unwise to count on it.

Streak-phonehouse-red

Streak-phonehouse-blk

Thanks, Safi!

17 thoughts on “Red Dell Streak also available in France

• That RED is so sexy…. I would just want the bloody thing, no matter what color I could get. Sure hope we can get this soon, otherwise there are some 7″ tablets with phone coming this month as well. Might have to spring for a different brand.

• My God are you kidding me Dell? It’s in France too but not the US? WTF is going on? We are waiting and waiting and other countries are getting this before us what a crock!

Wonder what their bands are. Maybe it would work on Tmob or ATT in the US as well?

• Would not care if cherries grew out of the damn thing! Not interested anymore. I just come to this website now for a good laugh, some good knowledge on “how NOT to market your product,” and to boost Jenn’s page ranking becuase I like her websites and her writing!

cherry red for me! i past by at one of att store in the mall this weekend and the mysterious looking box is still there. that has got to be the dell streak. I think att is the one holding the release of this phone/tablet, its not dell. if i can get the cherry red when it goes on sell I might be able to get by the 1.6 OS. release the damn thing i’m so tired of looking up online for this phone’s release!

• not ATT as the 3G frequency is different, TMO maybe but not 100% sure, too risky to buy the FR version and ship it over here. My HD2 from TMO unlocked with 3G works in France and Germany.

fyi everyone the dell.com/streak is down. dont really know why, im hoping that when it gets back up we will see the streak on sell. keep your fingers cross on this one. please please….

• Yep, smells like AT&T are screwing you over.

• I agree. 7″ is too big if you plan to use the device as your ONLY cell phone as well. Which is what I plan to do with the Streak. I’ll replace my existing cell phone and getting rid of my land line at home.

If, however, the tablet is not going to be your ONLY phone, then it can be very sweet because you’ll use it as a tablet 95% of the time, but if you happen not to have your phone handy, you can still make or receive a call. Of course, you’d have to use it via speakerphone, earbuds, or bluetooth headset.

The 7″ tablet with phone, like the upcoming one from Samsung, is what I expected the iPad to be.

• Yes, the red is handsome!
    The microSDHC is 16 gigs.
    The price for an unlocked, no-contract purchase is €499, so I have no idea what that €529 price might be!

• The red is a metallic candy-apple. A bit flashy!
    I’m having the 12v charger problems others have cited.
    The Streak doesn’t want to make a bluetooth link with my car (Citroën C4 Picasso), but links just fine with my Sony Ericsson HBH220 earphone connector.

• …because the US is the most important place in the world and should have any gadget first! The apes on the other continents could wait a little bit until evolution took them a little bit further…

• the US is more important that France, that’s for sure.

• the box is for the new blackberry. It’s already been confirmed.