AppsGood and EVOTips & Deals

Shake apps off your HTC EVO 4G (literally)

Evo-shake-install

Sometimes when you install an app on your HTC EVO, you know within a few minutes (maybe even seconds!) that you don't like it. So what do you do? Get out of the app, go to Settings, tap Applications, tap Manage Applications, locate and select the app in the list (scrolling down if necessary), press the Uninstall button, then press the OK button. Whew!

Wouldn't a more satisfying way to kick it to the curb be to give the EVO a little shake (gently, of course) when you're in the app you don't want anymore and then be automatically prompted to uninstall it? Then you could just press the OK button and the app would be gone in an instant.

That's the idea behind Shake – Uninstall by Zosq Labs. Just launch it, press the "Enable Service" button to get the function going in the background, and shake those unwanted apps off your phone.

An icon will appear in the status bar to indicate that the service is running. You can keep it running for as long as you want, which is great if you've just gone on an app-installation binge, but you should probably turn if off (press the "Disable Service" button) when you go jogging or off-roading.

11 thoughts on “Shake apps off your HTC EVO 4G (literally)

Wow. And I thought “Shake to Undo” got annoying once in a while on my iPod touch/iPad. This would make my head explode. >.>

Hmmmmm…… Seems pretty cool. I generally research my apps/programs before I download them so I don’t see much practical use for me personally but it’s still pretty cool to have.

• Just go to the Market and delete apps from there. Easy.

Assuming you get all your apps from the Market and don’t download any from other sources, anyway.

• Now why would you do that? ;)

Will there be a time when you can uninstall the bloatware like the NASCAR app?

• So is no one writing for Good and EVO now?? How about an article on Voice Search and Chrome2Phone?? I cant get my C2P to work at all. HELP!

• The site was just updated yesterday! I still haven’t gone to sleep (it’s 2:40am), I have two other sites and a forum, my baby girl is going to wake up in a few hours, and I run this site (and another one) alone.

I’m working on a quick post about Voice Search, but there’s a lot I need to tend to on one of my other sites right now.

• Ugh, tell me about it. I don’t want to root mine (it is a work phone so don’t want to brick it) but I’m tired of things like Amazon MP3 to constantly run and drain my battery. TaskKiller is great, but I shouldn’t have to worry about programs starting on their own for the hell of it.

The ONLY negative I have found with this phone/software.

• Amazon MP3 and other apps that appear to start on their own are not draining the battery because they are sleeping. Android is designed to use as much memory as possible at all times and will manage it for you as needed. Task killers often do more harm than good.