Themes are a great way to dress up a rooted Android phone, and the Dell Streak running Stephen Hyde's Froyo ROM (now up to version 1.1) recently got a very nice one.
Thanks to the work of kikamal in the MoDaCo forum, any Streak with Stephen's ROM can get a light cosmetic makeover that includes new taskbar icons (the circular one on the left isn't included), a more readable notification shade, the colorful settings menu icons from HTC Sense, and a spruced up launcher menu. There may be other changes as well, but those are the ones that I've noticed so far.
Screenshots and a quick how-to below.
Note: This theme is purely cosmetic, so you won't lose or gain any functionality by applying it.
To get kikamal's theme on your Froyo-running Streak using a Windows computer:
- Download kikamal's themev2forum.rar on your computer and extract it using something like WinRAR.
- Enable USB debugging on your Streak by tapping Menu -> Settings ->Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
- Connect the Streak to your computer.
- Open the extracted themev2forum folder and double-click the themekika.cmd file inside it.
- The command prompt will automatically open. Leave it alone until it tells you to press any key to continue. Doing so will close the command prompt and reboot your Streak.
- When your Streak is rebooted, the theme will be applied but your Google account will need to be re-entered.
- Go to Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Add account -> Google to enter your normal login details.
Enjoy![Android @ MoDaCo]