The Samsung Galaxy Tab was released in the US this week and although most people are comparing it to the iPad, some are putting it up against the Dell Streak. I don't like either match-up but since the Tab runs Android 2.2 and has phone functions in other countries, the Streak connection is understandable.
I wouldn't call the two devices rivals, personally, but since others might, I thought you might like to see some comparison photos I took when I got my Tab from T-Mobile yesterday.
Here's a rundown of the Tab's main specs, just in case you're not familiar with them:
- Android 2.2
- 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor
- 16GB internal memory with microSD slot for an additional 32GB
- 512MB ROM, 512MB RAM
- 7-inch capacitive touchscreen, 1024 x 600 resolution
- 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G (T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular)
- 3MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
- 7.48 x 4.74 x 0.47 inches, 13.4 ounces