StreakSmart

Dell Streak 7 revealed in leaked ad treatment

Dell-streak-7

StreakSmart may have been born with the original 5" Dell Streak, but it's not going to die with it. The freshly leaked Dell Streak 7 that case maker Vaja was obviously alluding to a few days ago has just extended this site's life with its Android, Stage UI-laden existence and what is likely to be another wild ride leading up to its release.

In the ad treatment obtained by Engadget, the Streak 7 looks very much like the Tegra 2-powered Looking Glass tablet that was leaked back in April and was supposed to be released last month. The main cosmetic differences from the original render are just the sloped sides (ala the current Streak) and the front facing camera's center position, which suggests that it won't just be the existing Streak with a 7" screen.

A dual-core CPU and higher resolution screen would make the Streak 7 fall in line with what we're expecting of the Opus One (though that was said to have a 5" screen), while the addition of 802.11n brings the just-certified M02M to mind.

What do you think? Are the Streak 7, Looking Glass, Opus One, and M02M different names of the same device? And since we're speculating, what other specs do you think/hope the new device will have?

[Engadget]

25 thoughts on “Dell Streak 7 revealed in leaked ad treatment

Hope the rumored DVB-T Adapter will be in there and they raise the resolution.
    same resolution as the 5″ version would not be good for the 7″ version.
    The rest should be left like the leaked specs back then.
    maybe make the MicroSD/HC Slot and/or the SIM Slot be somewhere else so you don’t have to remove the battery to change them. On the side of the case for example.
    And start with a built in 64GB MicroSDHC Card with a Slot for another MicroSDHC card so you can have, in addition to the flash based memory, 128Gigs of Space.
    Also: fuck the stage UI of 2.2 . . I WANT THE 1.6 UI BACK!
    Especially the Keyboard with the number block on the side damn it!

• Did anyone notice there is no phone icon on the launcher buttons below the widget? If that is stock froyo with stage ui, then thats not changeable. Hopefully its not like the galaxy tab with no phone capabilities out of the box. This would be an awesome end all device if it packed all the streak 5 goodies but with more power and screen space!

• Matter of fact, in the taskbar, it looks like it has airplane mode, battery, wifi, bluetooth and gps icons…no signal bars.

Check out the placement of the capacitive buttons. They are high up on the right hand side. If it launches like that maybe portrait mode won’t be native again?

I WANT PHONE CAPABILITIES!!!! Without them, it’s not worth getting. I will stick with my current Streak. No phone, no need. Looks hot though. Let the roller coaster ride begin…ala current Streak launch lol.

• Why micro SDHC? A 7″ tablet should provide enough room for a standard SDHC card slot on the outside. Those a cheaper more readily avaliable in a given size.

• I love that Dell is continuing to grow this line of products!

7″ is not for me… but it obviously is desired by others.

Woo hoo!

• i hope streak2 would be preinstaled with ginger bread and nfc supported and have 5″ display,,
    that would be great,, but if it still stuck in froyo, i never gonna buy it,,

• I really don’t care. After my experiences with the Streak I would be hard pressed to recommend another Dell product to anyone!

No cell phone capabilities = no sale for me. I’ll wait for the Opus one.

’cause i like them small and they fit into everything else in that sector.

• I think I’d love a 7″ or more likely 10″ along with my 5″ or even smaller screen phone. Big tablet plus small efficient phone. No more laptop!

I agree why micro sd on such a big device

not sure I’d want this as a phone I get ridiculed as it is about my 5″ streak

Streak 2 will be released with gingerbread, though it will be 4.6 inches, strange I know, and have an amoled screen it will have a search button added to the capacitive buttons, a slightly thinner bezel. it will be released august 2011 and will also come in a new color blue, both unlocked and locked options, along with a T mobile variant, well more like it will also have t mobile high speed frequencies the unlocked one that is.

Anyone notice you can no longer purchase the streak on dell.com? You have to purchase via phone so they can temper your expectations.

• I could most certainly use this as a phone… not holding it up to my ear of course, but with a bluetooth headset. I am in the car a lot and would like to use this with maps as a gps unit, mounted in the car… having phone capabilities would make travel even better, with the ability to not have to reach for another device… just a personal taste I guess.

Good eye. However, I’m afraid that it will not have voice phone capabilities in the states at least. Could be a different story for the international version as is the case for the Galaxy Tab.

Agreed, and in certain situations you could even use the speakerphone feature.

Very true, but would be a good idea for users who don’t want to get rid of their regular cell phone. Much better form factor than the iPad.

• The M02M is dual mode wifi/cellular, so it appears that the M20M is NOT the 7-incher. Yay!

• Dell Streak 7 is misstake ! Why Dell? Why listen “experts” and trolls? Tablets can’t replace sleek and light laptops with QWERTY keys, and soon when the fashion fade out tablets will be just extra toys!
    Dell Streak 5 is greatest revolutionary device! Tablet that can fit in the pocket, and maximum size phone still pocketable.
    It’s the best all-in-one device ! This is the future! (Make beter camera , 64GB support and USB port.) It kills the attempt of meny companies to make people to carry mobilephones and tablets whole day with them, and destroy the business . That explanes the massive attack against Dell Streak 5 ! And you will hear only good reviewes for Streak 7 from them!

I would pay $1000 for the successor to the Dell Streak if it had the following:

5 inch screen with 1280 x 800 resolution
    Dual Core Processor
    1gb Ram
    32gb Rom
    8 mg rear camera
    2 mg front camera
    micro usb
    micro hdmi

Android 3.0(might be asking too much for it to be Vanilla Android?)

Really is this asking too much to have this say by March 2011?