StreakSmart

Streak-drashley

It may not have been evident in the past, but the new Best Buy in-store ads for the Streak prove that Dell has a sense of humor.

The company has secured Dr. Ashley, a "licensed mobile device therapist" who has mastered the art of deadpan comedy, to promote the Streak in a series of videos that is said to be appearing on all screens in Best Buy stores through the holidays.

Dell has uploaded some of the videos to YouTube (see them all here) and also reached out to tell me about an unlisted video that Dr. Ashley made . . . especially for me. Yes, I was surprised too. There aren't any words I could use to adequately describe the video, so you'll just have to see it for yourself.

Yes, of course I tweeted him and no, you won't be seeing this video at Best Buy.

Thanks, Lionel!

37 thoughts on “Dr. Ashley promoting Dell Streak in Best Buy stores (also wants to be sitting in a tree with me)

• LMAO SHOUT OUT JENN.LEE

This video is hilarious. I’m glad they take note of Jenn & Streaksmart. She is a,wonderful& helpful addition to the Streak owners around the world.(even more helpful than Dell). You are doing a wonderful job, keep up the great articles & tutorials Jenn:-)

• Awesome Jenn. I agree with your supporters. Dr. Ashley’s not you’re only fan :)

Keep doing your thing.

Sincerely,
    LionelatDell

• You could get him to dress up in his therapist outfit and hold stuff for your photos at the upcoming CES…perhaps on Best Buy’s dime.

/dreams of Best Buy discounts for Pocketables members.

T-E-X-T-I-N-G…. That’s some funny stuff! Glad to see your celebrity status growing, Jenn. You’re a true asset to the “streaking” community.

• You just got to a level 100 celebrity status.
    You got an AD dedicated to you. The T_E_X_T_I_N_G part got me on the floor in my office. People watched me from the other side of the door catching up again my breath. OMG.
    This is something that most people will never have. Imagine the story for ur kids. This is just too nice of them.
    Finally they do something right.
    Keep up the great job Jenn.
    Tal

• “Meet somewhere technological,” I think Dr. Ashely is looking for a reason to visit Honolulu.

He’s got sort of a laid back West Coast Doctor Who (10) going on. You could do a lot worse!

WOW! That was super cool! Never seen a company recognize their supporters before. I knew you were awesome, glad to see they know it too. Love your work Jenn. Peace

• If you guys didn’t know, the song he was trying to sing at the end was Stevie Wonders “My Cherie Amour” (hence the title of the video ending with amour.

• Huh, that was Lame! Not one mention of Dell Streak?!

• Yes there was – when he turns the Streak around at 22 seconds he says it clearly.

• OMG. I’m seeing a reply video with the Streak showing a virtual restraining order. It is the everything tablet. Lol.

• Jenn, you must feel a certain level of satisfaction getting this acknowledgment from Dell. I love the shout-out to StreakSmart when he turns around the Streak.

I vote for Dell to have you do a cameo in their next Dell Streak commercial.

• I second X-man’s post….Jenn should be featured in a Dell Streak commercial!!!!!-)

I wondered who the hell Dr Ashley was when he followed me yesterday. Now it all makes sense. Great vid….:)

Congratulations Jenn! Finally Dell acknowledges your hard work.

• I lol’d at the “Let’s touch gadgets”. Too funny!

That is awesome!!!!

Oh how we all wish we had the courage to confess our love for you and the Streaksmart.com site….

haha..Jenn your famous!

• Dell Streak would not be the same without you and your VERY HELPFUL Streaksmart web page and of course Steve from MoDaCo.
    Thanks for all you hard work Guys!!!!!!!!

Hey Jenn, I loved you from the very first time I layed eyes on your web page! You had me at .com! LOL….but the video is great and glad you are getting respect from a company from like Dell, not just your followers! Keep up the good work!

Jenn you’re awesome, your hubby must be a bit jealous by all the attention :Smirk: seriously thanks for StreakSmart.com I love my streak and now both Dell and I love Streaksmart.com

Jokes aside, that gag vid tells us that Dell PAYS ATTENTION to this site.

Oh also we want more of your time now, less time for GandE :-) I like the evo but the streak rules