StreakSmart

T-Mobile promises Dell Streak 7 will be “amazingly priced”

Tmo-streak7-amazingprice There's still no official date on exactly when the Dell Streak 7 will be released, but T-Mobile's website promotions of the upcoming Android tablet make some interesting promises.

It's almost here is good news, though who knows what "almost here" really means. Tomorrow, next week, next month? Depending on how you define the term, they're all almost here. A leaked document recently obtained by TmoNews indicates that it's coming on February 2nd, which I guess is almost here too.

Fun is relative but based on my hands-on time with the Streak 7 at CES, my experience with the current Streak, and my adoration of Android in general, I take no issue with the use of the word. Fast isn't something I'd argue with either, considering that NVIDIA's 1GHz dual-core T20 processor is built into the unit.

What's building up my expectations and leaving T-Mobile vulnerable to criticism if it fails to deliver is the promise of the Streak 7 being amazingly priced. Those aren't words you normally see on banners/ads. "Affordably or competitively priced," maybe, but amazingly? That's a lofty claim.

What would you realistically consider to be an "amazing price" for the Dell Streak 7? I'm only interested in the off-contract price, personally, but considering that the Galaxy Tab can now be had for $299.99 (Sprint), I'd say a $249.99 on-contract price would be pretty amazing.

26 thoughts on “T-Mobile promises Dell Streak 7 will be “amazingly priced”

$350 off contract, $100 on contract sounds realistic. Take $100 off both, and I will be amazed.

doesnot like to contract with T mobile.

T mobile not way to let you unlock it….

see how is the “dell venues pro” ended ?

dell and T mobile refuse to unlock it,

even people is buying off contract price ….

we want free select what telco we want…

if certain telco , can provide good services

• Hmm . . no removeable battery, a bigger but cheaper display because of a low resolution, a simple SD Card slot instead of using Micro SD . . it COULD work . .

I would be amazed if these guys could get their act togeather and give me my damn 2.2 and stop with ALL the empty promises!!!!!

Um… Streak 7 comes with 2.2

If you are referring to the streak 5, it’s on AT&T, T-Mobile has nothing to do with that.

Also, why are you waiting for AT&T to give you the first 2.2 upgrade they have ever released on any phone from any manufacturer…

DJ Steve’s ROMs are the way to go.

I say 349 off contract, 199 on contract. for a tab, thats an amazing price. 99 for a streak is an unbelievable price, so an amazing price would be a bit higher than that ;)

Ill take things a caveman with downs would say for five hundred please.

• Does anyone buy tablets on contract? Especially if you can’t use it for phone calls? In my opinion, it doesn’t matter what their on-contract price will be. The off-contract price is what matters, and I don’t think that will be “amazing” at all.

I think they’re going to reveal a cheap on-contract price, but the off-contract price will still be $500-$700. This is expensive and advanced hardware we’re talking about here. Can’t sell it for less than it costs to make and it’s not a loss-leader.

• Hi testpaper… I, unlike the other sarcastic posters above, realize that English is not your first language and that you even likely used software to translate into English.

I understood what you meant and that’s all that matters.

Note to ethnocentric Americans: some people are from other countries and English is not their first language

4 payments of 82.50 according to the T-Mobile fine print on thier website.

If and when it’s released in the UK this is what I’d like to see.

£249 direct from Dell contract free

£25/month on an 18 month contract 3Gb per month.

Will wee see this – will we eckers like.

In about two years time the entry level price contract free will be about £249 but not as yet.

What will drive prices down is quality products and believe it or not the iPad. Apple sold 7.3m of them in the last quarter. Everyone else wants some of that action.

forget about streak 7.the reason i had streak 5 is portable,fit right in paints pockets.Anything that is bigger i would go for Ipad.

At least for germany I expect:
    €699 direct from dell.

That will be really amazing, as it is amazingly more than the Galaxy Tab….

• Good on ya, cn — Indeed, I’ve met more than one American who has yet to master the Queen’s English at the high school level.

Yes, you’re so right, how dare us Americans expect people in our counrty (or participate on an english speakng website) to speak our langauge, we are an arrogant lot aren’t we.

• It will be “amazing price” if it’s about $300 off contract and $200 on contract. I will not sign a contract for any tablet. I can care less about 3G or 4G access. I only use it on wifi anyways…

• If the non-inclusive shoe fits . . .

I’m an ethnic American and English is not my first (nor my second) language. OTOH, I don’t know any Spanish, therefore I do not post in Spanish-language forums, even though with the help of Google translate I could get a point across.

Stop defending ignorance. It’s not like that person’s life depended on that silly post.

• Ignorance neither requires nor receives any defence in this petty exchange, however, freedom does on both counts (which I find strangely odd to be posting to an Amarican-dominated forum), and your failure to comprehend the particulars of either is an indication of your predilection for the former.

@JMS: Your failure to express your thoughts in a straightforward manner is only exacerbated by your poor spelling (on this “Amarican-dominated forum”).

How does my dislike for people posting in poor English indicate that I think favorably of ignorance? Or did you want to say something else?

• My, my, but we are looking at two ends of a plank here . . . try sounding it out (i.e., say out loud) – it does sadden me so terribly when someone fails to comprehend his due ridicule. I take it you are very young – pauvre-toi!

His? You’re too swift to jump to conclusions, madam.

• It’s standard English usage, and has nothing whatever to do with your sex specifically. Keep trying . . .