Browsing through the Norwegian iPad app store just now I came across an app that got my attention. Simply named “Helge Onsum”, the app is basically a thank you note from the employees of Aegis Media Norway to their CEO, who is named Helge Onsum. The reason behind this peculiar thank you note is that the CEO gave all his employees iPads as Christmas gifts last year, something that has obviously won him a lot of respect and gratitude.
So what is the app? Well, the best way to describe it is as a collection of jokes that all make Helge Onsum appear larger than…everything. The app describes itself as “a tribute to the almighty Helge Onsum! PS: All statements are the fullest truth”. Check out some examples I’ve translated from Norwegian after the jump.
- Steve Jobs calls Helge Onsum for help with his iPad
- Helge Onsum can smash an air guitar
- Helge Onsum once won a staring contest with a blind over his eyes. By phone. Without dialing a number.
- There once was a street called Helge Onsum, but they changed the name. No one dared stepping on Helge Onsum
- Helge Onsum can sit in the corner of a circular room
- Helge Onsum doesn’t need a flashlight. He simply stares into the darkness and then it moves
- Helge Onsum once kicked the Earth. It’s still spinning
- It was Helge Onsum who took a bit out of the Apple logo
- Helge Onsum can slam a revolving door
- Helge Onsum once peed in the gas tank of a semi. That semi is now known as Optimus Prime
- Helge Onsum’s calendar skips from March 31st to April 2nd. No-one fools Helge Onsum.
That last one is particularly funny as the app was published on April 1st. Considering the fact that the $2 app is now the 7th top app in the Norwegian app store, I think they successfully managed to make the poor guy go “what…the….f…”. Still, this is an awesome way of both pranking your boss, show gratitude for an awesome Christmas gift and actually make some money. Then again, for the foreseeable future he will have an app store link pop up whenever someone Googles his name.[iTunes]