HTC Thunderbolt software update rolling out
Good news, HTC Thunderbolt users! Verizon has begun pushing out a software update that contains some fixes and minor improvements. The update is 22.28MB file, so it should be quick and simple.
The update includes:
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network.
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application.
- "Backup Assistant" is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator™
This update will not bring Gingerbread to your HTC Thunderbolt, but hopefully it will fix the 3G and 4G issues that most users are having with the ThunderBolt.
If you need help, you can consult this Verizon PDF file that details the update process. Otherwise, if you haven't gotten it yet, just keep checking your phone![IntoMobile]