Good and EVOSoftware Updates

HTC EVO 3D software update (1.13.651.7) fixes then adds bugs [Updated]

Evo-3d-software-update In addition to sending many Premier customers their preordered HTC EVO 3Ds yesterday, Sprint began rolling out a new software update (version 1.13.651.7) to fix a force close issue in the calendar.

Unfortunately, as is often the case with OTA updates, the new build fixes one thing but breaks a few other things. In this case, the phone app is removed from the Sense 3.0 lock screen launcher and pick list, certain app icons get replaced by "generic green robots," and the sync icon won't get out of the taskbar (even when the phone isn't syncing).

These may not be as vital as the calendar force closing when you're editing an entry—assuming you use the calendar, of course—but an update that needs its own update is never a good thing.

Whether Sprint and other retailers will update the EVO 3D for customers who buy it tomorrow is unknown, but if you take yours home and are notified that new software is available, you may want to think twice about installing it.

Thanks, Puking Dog!

Update: An application update just became available that fixes the Green Hornet 3D movie, which was previously unwatchable, and puts an end to HTC Watch constantly syncing. [Sprint Users] Thanks, Tone Bone H!

34 thoughts on “HTC EVO 3D software update (1.13.651.7) fixes then adds bugs [Updated]

Strike 2 for successful updates for the Evos

• I’ve had the E3D since yesterday. I didn’t update, just in case this its the build that could be rooted. Just like the GB update for the E4G that ppl took and lost root.

• Interesting that I haven’t gotten the OTA yet. I’m also not experiencing the calendar force quit, so I think I’ll pass on it when it comes.

• I have not excepted any updates, and My Green Hornet movie is working fine today. Yesterday I got the license error, but today it is fine.

• Watch for the sync icon in your taskbar… and how it doesn’t go away. A visit to Accounts & Settings in the settings menu will show you that the thing that keeps syncing is HTC Watch. I believe that’s the problem (not actually watching the film).

seriously, its lame to watch movies on a 4 inch screen.

• It all depends on how long it takes htc to unlock it for us. The phone is going to be rootable but with locked bootloader no custom roms.

4.3 inch screen! This aint your everyday Incredible!

:P

• Yeah, I’m not getting that. In fact if I go to Accounts & Sync, it doesn’t even look like Watch is set to auto sync. The little green sync icon to the right is gray not green.

• Read that you can get the icon back if you hard reset the phone. However, you can lose it again if you rearrange the lockscreen apps.

• Not if you are on trip or have no other means to do so. I don’t get why people post comments like that. Seriously, your comment is lame.

• Does the second update resolve the phone icon missing from the lock screen?

• If anyone is interested in rooting the E3D I would recommend not doing the ota updates just yet. Been following the thread on xda and they’ve been trying a lot to unlock the bootloader, so far no dice.

Right On, man! Perfect example of when one would be glad to watch movies etc on that size of screen…last night my cable was out all night, but Netflix and my EVO were readily available so I got through it no problem. both phones are amazing !

• That second update deleted my Dolphin Browser.

• actually, htc will release an ota to unlock the bootloader. there is 99% physycal confirmation with an htc representative that the bootloader will be unlocked via ota.

• I definitely wont be updating mine. Just found out that wirefly just shipped my evo3d today and I will be getting on Saturday. Could have paid only $7 to get it tomorrow but didn’t do it in time. I can’t wait. So far I have heard great things except for the calendar glitch and this messed up update. Still no confirmation on battery life. I will test it myself and compare it to my evo4g. Wohoo! Saturday can’t come fast enough.

• I think it’s still there… just the icon has been replaced by an android robot. Just remove the app from your home screen, then put it back on. This will work until you reset your phone… or they fix the update.

• Haas anyone noticed they lost the home screen landscape mode after the update, anyone know if its just resettable, OTA updates are killing me here lately.

• so this update has caused another bug.
    the calendar does not show all your sub calendars under your gmail account. Just the main one now.

• Settings > Applications > Manage Apps

and then clear data for calender storage

then go into accounts and sync and ‘sync now’ the gmail account

there is actually the solution to the above issue

• It was gone, even from All Apps in Settings. Had to reinstall.

• just updated no issues as stated. phone icon is still there and no missing app icons.

• same here…indatlled update and have no issues at all.

• except spell check… :)

• Scared to update because some of my favorite apps stop working properly on my EVO when I updated it some time ago. Don’t wanna mess up the 3D phone like the other one did with these updates.

• I haven’t had any problems with the update other than NONE of the lockscreen icons working… Every time I drag the ring over any of the icons it just unlocks the phone as it normally would without shortcuts to any of the icons… would a factory reset undo the update?

• You have to touch the icon you want to select and Drag it to the ring.

• Cool thanks Justin I didn’t know that. Now I only need to learn this damn stock keyboard. I miss the stock keyboard from cm7.

• 6 days 5 hours 26 minutes.

• I updated my evo 3D this morning and have none of the stated issues.