Good and EVO

Sprint confirms HTC EVO 3D coming June 24th for $199.99

Evo-3d-official-price-release

After weeks of leaks, rumors, and speculation, Sprint has finally announced and confirmed what many of us have already been relying on as fact. The HTC EVO 3D will indeed be released on Friday, June 24th, for $199.99 with new service or eligible upgrade.

Sprint Premier customers will be allowed to purchase the phone online three days early, with an email containing more information being sent to them on the 21st. It isn't clear when these customers will actualy receive the new device, but at least they get to buy it before everyone else does.

[Press release | Sprint] Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

19 thoughts on “Sprint confirms HTC EVO 3D coming June 24th for $199.99

• Does anyone know if Sprint or Best Buy will do the $100 EVO 4g buy back like radio shack ?

Who cares. $100 is a rip off. I just put my used Evo 4G on eBay and the current bid is $210.

• I know sprint is buying back but not sure of the price. But I hear it was like $125 with sprint.
    Best buy is most likely the worst buy back any time they wanna give me $50 for a year old laptop

• I hope your EVO sells soon.

Sprint is now offering EVO 4G for a mere $50 and once EVO 3D is officially released, EVO’s value will drop even more when a flood of EVO 4G owner will try to get rid of their phone.

For those who don’t want to sell their EVO 4G prior to actually getting their hands on a EVO 3D the $100 is hardly a ripoff.

150 for evos 100 4 evo shift

• Best buy normally does the instant rebate, so I think you’d be safe with BB or radio shack. As for BB buy back, its really only good if you get a new phone within the year of the buy back. Sprint is capped at 125 right now, and any screen imperfections drops it to under 70. You’d have more luck on craigslist or ebay.

• The Evo 4G will still sell for $200 easy on ebay. The $50 price is the contract price and for those that don’t want to wait for their contract to be up, paying full price for the Evo 4g is their only option and $200 is a steal if you’re not eligible for an upgrade.

• They’re selling it for $50 through Best Buy for new contracts only. Renewal contracts are $100, and that’s still only if you’ve fulfilled your current 22-month obligation (and if you sign ANOTHER new 2-year contract). Non-renewals or early upgraders make out a lot better buying one for $200 than through retail, still. I’ve been seeing broken EVO’s go for around $150 on eBay, even.

Yes, $100 is a rip off compared to what you can get elsewhere, but it’s completely effortless, so that’s worth it to some folks.

Edit: Cory beat me to it as I was typing. =)

• Just how much longer do you think these suckers will keep forking $200 for a one-year old outdated phone?

Sprint is selling the Evo 4g for $150 still and thats only with a 2 year contract. You could still get at least $250 for your Evo because there are people that dont want to pay $450 for an Evo 4G off contract. Sprint never lowers the price on these phones even when they are outdated. They might drop $50 but you will never see more than that. Sprint is still selling the Palm Pixi for $300 off contract, come on for a Pixi really. Its safe to say that you will still be able to get rid of you evo 4G for more than $100

• I have bought through sprint.com and they ship overnight. So im betting you get the phone on the 22nd

• Is there anyone that has or could show a good side by side comparison of the 4G vs. the 3D?? Jsut curious

• What’s the cheapest and smoothest way to upgrade to the Evo 3D?

Coming From:
    -Launch day Evo 4G
    -Family Plan, Upgrade 2X Evo 4G’s

Wirefly is an intriguing option as it’s $179 + tax-free, however there is an upgrade eligibility issue on my second line.

BestBuy will probably be $199.99 + tax but will have the same upgrade eligibility issue as Wirefly.

Amazon $? w/ same upgrade issue.

Sprint will be $199.99 + tax but will honor the $75 upgrade disc. on second line.

Decisions, decisions. Help! I know there are more of us in the same situation!

• Sprint bought my EVO back already for 150. Target is giving 150 also but I have never bought a phone from Target. The price at Sprint may go down closer to launch day I was told.

• I had mine on Craigs List for 250 with accessories and the person who was supposed to buy was a no show. I got tired of dealing with all that so between Sprint buying mine back for 150 and Customer Care giving me a 100 bucks for resigning I came out with my 250 and still have accessories I could try to sell.

I just wanted to not have to pay anything for the 3D. But since the 3D didn’t come out on the 4th and I had already sold my OG EVO I rebought one using my upgrade and the price went down from 199 to 149 and I had that 150 credit on my account. I know have to return this phone within my 30 day period and pay the restocking fee but I have an EVO to use for 3 weeks.

• so, as a Sprint premier customer who “pre-ordered” the 3D at the local Sprint store (aka – bought a $50 gift card), can I use that card to purchase the 3D online on the 22nd?