Yesterday, Sprint announced the HTC EVO 3D's release date (June 24) and price ($199.99) and today, G&E is kicking off its EVO 3D giveaway!
Up for grabs is a brand new EVO 3D that G&E/CrowdGather will purchase on launch day at its full off-contract price and send to you—wherever you are in the US—that same day via express shipping. You'll be responsible for activating the dual-core superphone and taking care of your monthly Sprint service, but the device itself is on us.
There are two ways to enter and no limit on how many entries each person may submit.
How to Enter
From now until noon (12 p.m.) Eastern Standard Time on June 23rd:
- Follow G&E's brand new Twitter account, @GoodAndEVO. Everyone who follows @GoodAndEVO will be automatically entered into the contest. Retweet a tweet (one per day max so as not to annoy your followers) for an additional daily entry.
- Join the G&E forum and start posting. Each post of substance counts as an entry into the contest. A post of substance is one that:
- adds value to the discussion at hand or the community at large (e.g., posts that contain nothing but "thanks!" or similar sentiments do not count as entries) OR
- includes a question that will spark a discussion and encourage others to share their answers/thoughts AND
- does not contain offensive/hateful language and is not overly self-promotional, completely off-topic, or spam.
In other words, contribute to the forum in a valuable way. The more you post, the greater your chances of winning.
Those who have already posted in the forum since it was launched in March are in luck: existing posts are counted as entries into the contest too. So if you've already posted 50+ replies, then you're already 50+ entries ahead of everyone else.
Some people may not think this is fair, but I think people who joined the forum to support the site without the hope of getting a free phone in return deserve a little head start. Some folks only come out of hiding when there's free stuff to be had and while that's fine, I do appreciate those who actively participate all the time.
Got all that?
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below. Remember that these comments do not count as entries in the contest.
How to Win
The winner will be chosen at random on June 23rd, the day before the EVO 3D is released to the masses, so unless you want to forfeit the prize to someone else, make sure you put those bogus email addresses and fake Twitter accounts on the backburner for this giveaway.
If your name in chosen, you will be contacted by email and/or Twitter on June 23rd. You must respond with your shipping address by the 24th for me to mail the EVO 3D to you on that day.
Have fun in the forum over the next few weeks, follow @GoodAndEVO and retweet anything you find interesting (one retweet per day), and good luck!