AppsGood and EVOTips & Deals

Flashlight app now officially available for HTC EVO 3D

Htc-flashlight Last week, we showed you how to get Netflix up and running on your new HTC EVO 3D using the same application that is available to current EVO 4G users in the Android Market. And some of you very aptly noted in the comments that HTC's flashlight app, which inexplicably was also left off of the EVO 3D, was available to download from the same source where we obtained Netflix.

Luckily, it appears that HTC has officially made the flashlight app available as a quick download in HTC Hub. If you already created an account at HTCSense.com, and your EVO 3D is set up to automatically sync (Menu > Settings > Accounts and sync > HTC Sense), you should have already received a notice in your notification bar that there are new applications available. If not, just navigate to HTC Hub in your app drawer, sign in or create an account if you are prompted, and select Apps and Plug-ins. Flashlight should be the first option that you see.

While that missing flashlight app on the EVO 3D was most likely an oversight on HTC's part, let's still thank Sprint and HTC again for not forcing too much bloatware down our throats, opting instead to make these extra value-added features such as Flashlight available to use, but only if we choose.

Now we finally have an officially-sanctioned tool for helping us find our lost keys in the dark.

John F

12 thoughts on “Flashlight app now officially available for HTC EVO 3D

• Bought my EVO3D this Sunday and it was pre-installed?

• Thanks for providing this information. I was looking in the market just yesterday for the same flashlight on the original Evo. I didn’t think I would need it until I had to find something in the dark. I am glad that it came as option, instead of it already being on the device. Thanks again for providing great info as you always do.

• Hitting Menu brings up options for Auto-flash (blinking) and S.O.S. modes. Are these new?

I’m not a fan of this version of a flashlight app. When the app is first opened, it opens to the least bright setting. You must press the on-screen button two more times in order to get the brightest setting. Which to me, is the setting you want if you sitting there in the dark! Me no likey!

.. yes, new to this new flashlight app. The one that you could get in the Market for the original Evo didn’t have these features. Which are nice, but I personally want instant brightness. (especially living here in Nebraska, aka tornado alley)

• This is the best flashlight app. It might not start at the brightest option but it doesn’t take that long to just
    push a button. If pushing a button to make it bright is too much work for you then you need to rethink your exercising routine. Plus the brightness level at its lowest is still pretty bright not to mention it wont affect as much as the highest the life of the flash. Either way this is better than anything on the market as of now.

I downloaded tiny flashlight + led cuz they didn’t release the htc version til now. I kinda like this app and until htc helps me restore my account I.m gonna stay with this one.

• Just downloaded flashlight zaphrox the other day because this app was AWOL. Worth a try. Starts up on brightest setting.

• Where is the share app? its not there to send app suggestions to my friends.

• I wish they would add the original HTC battery widget because I haven’t found one in the market that I like quite as much

Best flash light ever !:*}