AppsGood and EVO

Get SwiftKey X on your HTC EVO free from Amazon Appstore

61MBsWVxqfL._SL500_AA300_[1]If you're like me, you've probably struggled with text input on your HTC EVO 4G or 3D phones from time to time.

With Swype and FlexT9, I started out with a fairly great replacement keyboard and somehow through prolonged interaction with me, they both became—for lack of a better word—meh. Perhaps that was due to my not looking closely enough at what I was accepting as a word guess, or maybe it was the fault of Miller Light or writing in three different languages (and none of them very well). Whatever the case may be, my HTC EVO keyboard apps go downhill quickly.

Enter Swiftkey X, which was just in beta a few weeks ago and already scoring high marks from users back then. The keyboard sports a neat little next-word prediction feature that picks the correct next word you would be typing roughly 33% of the time, which means you end up typing fewer words. It supports nine different languages (three simultaneously), although you can save space by not installing extra languages by default, and can learn from how you write on Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and your text messages to personalize a keyboard that works better for you.

SwiftKey X is free from the Amazon Appstore for the next 24 hours. It normally goes for around $4, so go ahead and give it a whirl.

[Amazon Appstore]

Paul E King

21 thoughts on “Get SwiftKey X on your HTC EVO free from Amazon Appstore

• Of course this happens the day after I purchase SwiftKey X. :-) Oh well, its worth it!

• I’ve been using it now on my evo for about 3 weeks. Much much much better than the stock keyboard. I’m very pleased.

• Yep same thing happened to me ndulacd, but I agree it’s worth the $4 bucks. I’m even pretty stingy when it comes to buying apps…I think this is the most I’ve paid since buying PDA Net a couple years ago.

Happy to help the developers of this app, because this app has made my life easier when it comes to using the keyboard on my E3D.

• Thanks for the tip, guess I’ll finally get around to installing the Amazon app store today too.

Starting to wonder, why I ever bother paying for apps. At some point they well be free…. or at the very least half price.

• Knowing the Beta was expiring, I went back to using Swype (which had been awesome for me before). No comparison. SwiftKey is just so amazing with the ability to predict that it makes your time entering text so much faster & effortless. Definitely worth the money but glad I ended up stalling. Will spend the money on SwiftKey Tablet to help the awesome developer team.

• i purchased the first version of the swiftykey about a year ago…its the best app ever!

• I’ve used this and its very good, but I’ve been using ShapeWriter for over a year and I’m just too accurate with it to switch to anything else for too long.

• Downloaded and its keeps giving me an error while trying to install the language pack.

• I have been using Swiftkey on phones since their alpha and it iz incredible but Swiftkey x sucks on View numerous bugs so you might consider it a donation towrds further and hopefully better developmet of the product.

• I’m having the same problem. I was using the Beta before this, so maybe it something to do with that. How do I fix this issue?

Uninstall the Beta

installing the language pack or downloading it? I got a whole lot of errors trying to download it. Their servers are getting pwned. Just keep trying … or maybe wait until tomorrow and I’m sure you’ll get through.

WOW I seriously bought the app last night like around 11:30PM. LOL well worth the $4.

• got it installed I had better keyboard but uninstalled it a few days ago cause it had a bit of lag. Now swift key is installed properly and set as default keyboard but I’ve has to set it as default 3 times now as it keeps going back to the stock touch input. When it does work its like the keyboard is almost psychic. I hope the bugs will work themselves out because this this amazing.

My wife wanted the full version after the beta expired so I bought her the full $4 version from the market last night. But at least I got it for free today!

• Great app – $4 or Free! I paid for it and got it for my wife’s today. Love it.

• “stuggled”

HA! Was this article written on your phone?

• nope, it was written at 2am by a very sleepy me and somehow missed spell check… correcting now