Good and EVO

HTC EVO 3D drops to $149.99 at Amazon

Evo-3d-amazon-149 The HTC EVO 3D has barely been out for a week, and it's already being even more deeply discounted than it was a few days ago for new Sprint customers who purchase from AmazonWireless.

The uber retailer came out of the gate selling the EVO family's latest and greatest superphone for $179.99—$20 less than the list price—and now it's slashed an additional $30 off, bringing the two-year contract price down to $149.99. You may remember that Wirefly's Friends and Family site was briefly accepting preorders at this price last month, but it's back up to $179.99 again now so you may as well forget it ever happened.

Upgrade and off-contract pricing at Amazon is still $179.99 and $469.99, respectively, which means the company has outdone everyone else yet again and is offering the best outright prices (i.e., no trade-ins) for the device.

[AmazonWireless] Thanks, Doug!

31 thoughts on “HTC EVO 3D drops to $149.99 at Amazon

• For those who decide to hop on the evo 3d will be pleased to be able to get this device at this price. Being a evo 3d owner since June 24th has been a great ride upgrading from the evo 4g to this device people just don’t know exactly what they are missing from not having this device. Forget about the specs because that alone is definately industry leading but the fact that battery life on this device for me has been anywhere from 16 to 23 hrs worth of use daily hs been nothing but heaven as far as I’m concerned. HTC has brought the evo brand to totally different level as far as I’m concerned. Battery life is and always will be the greatest test for any device we all might decide to purchase. Knowing what I have is best on the market makes me know that all the research I have done into this device was well worth the purchase. Everything else is simply a plus a added bonus to having a fun device. People better WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT HTC HAS STEPPED UP THERE GAME FROM A TECHNOLOGY STANDPOINT and optimized so many aspects of the evo 3d that people who DO NOT BUY OR UPGRADE TO THIS DEVICE IS SIMPLY STUPID IN MY WORLD OR MAYBE MISINFORMED…..The EVO 3D takes the evo brand on sprint to whole another level that has not ever been reached in android land.

• Seems like this experiment of a phone isn’t catching on, with all of this discount pricing. Supply and demand. I certainly don’t want one. Very happy with my 4g, until the next version of it is available.

• I also am very satisfied with my Evo 4G. I tried out the Evo 3D, albeit only for 40 minutes or so and was not overly impressed. At least not enough to give up my 4G.
    I believe the sales of the Evo 3D are not doing as well as expected for various reasons, which is why there are price drops so early ob, and the launch of the Evo 3D in Europe.
    I eagerly await the next device HTC and Sprint make available to their customers.

I’m loving my 3d loved my 4g but rich is right.the batterylife is waaaaaay nice.

In all due respect to the people who think negatively of the 3d…it really is better. The specs alone make it worth the upgrade…the new battery is worth your first born child. It is that good. I was on my phone till 11pm yesterday and the battery got down to 27%. I would have had to charge my evo @ 4pm. Yeah the 3d is a gimmick/fad, but its one hell of a gimmick. Everyone I show it too says WOW! The att store guy said ” THATS FUCKIN SLICK…WISH THE ATRIX WOULD DO THAT”. Its lightning fast…the camera is better…sense 3.0 is better…the unbuggy gingerbread is better….htc themes/skins are better…its just a better phone. Period. Im a hardcore evo fan. I rooted the second I could…I’ve flashed roms like 124 times and I look @ G&E 12 times a day…but Im officially a evo 3d fan now.

• I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t have any battery issues with my Evo 4G, between installing various apps to compensate, etc.
    I really don’t like a dedicated camera button on the side of my phone. One more thing to break if I inevitably drop it :-( In addition, with 1 press, I am in camera mode on my Evo anyway which is good enough for me.
    I personally like the screen format on my Evo as compared to the Evo 3D, but that just may become common place and something I’ll eventually have to get used to.
    While in 2d camera mode, the screen on the Evo 3D was darker than on my 4G, and both brightness settings were at 100%.
    In store, I tried Quadrant Standard 4x, but it only completed once on the Evo 3D for some reason. It was faster at about 1631 (I forgot the exact number as I wrote it down and need to find the paper) compared to 1290 on my Evo 4G.
    As you mentioned, the 3D feature is just one aspect of the EVO 3D, but it is an aspect I don’t want or need. It appears that for,whatever reason, the 3D features is a deal breaker for many even though it can be turned off with the side switch.
    I would have liked to have had a new device, as I am very satisfied with HTC. I had the HTC Diamond for 2 years, and was really happy with it (even though we had to make all those registry changes to make it operate optionally, but that was Windows due ya :( )
    I even had 4 of those as back ups. The Evo 3D didn’t warrant me swapping out my Evo 4G for, and I am content to wait and see what HTC & Sprint come out with next.

• I would love to upgrade, but by the time i do that there will be a new Evo out. My contract doesnt end till Nov 2012 :(

• I agree the evo4g was and still is awesome…the 3vo is the sexier older brother…lol

You cant go wrong with either one…My family is a family of 4 evos..One son just moved from the iphone 4 to an 3vo….3 3vos and 1 evo (my hubby aint parting with his evo as long as it works)

I haven’t upgraded, as Sprint decided My $250/mo plan with 5 lines only needs upgrades every two years. So I guess I’ll wait and see what the next Evo XX looks like this Fall.

Thanks Sprint!

• Did you email the premier upgrade addy and request a waiver?

• I can upgrade but my biggest is issue is the camera and battery life.

To all those who say the battery is improve, wrong. The EVO 3d does not even come close to the EVO 4g with CM7 and Tiamat kernel. I can go almost two whole days and I am a power user. and the camera is a not an improvement over the Evo 4g and many say it’s is even a downgrade.
    How to do you post 3d photos onto facebook? you can’t.

I do like the new form factor and love the dedicated photo button, every phone should have one. but is that enough of a reason to upgrade, I don’t know.

If they released that Korean version with the 8mp camera and no 3d, I would buy it, no question.

Once this baby is unlocked and we can run CM8 or Decks with a better Kernel, I might buy it. but for right now, I am leaning to using my next upgrade on the Photon 4g, it sound more like what the next EVO should have been.

I played with an E3D @ BestBuy mobile, it is stunningly faster than my O.G. EVO on VaelPak4 GB with Savaged-Zen 2.2.1. But I’m not ready to part with my EVO yet, it’s been a great phone, even better rooted.
    @rico if you want one without the 3D camera, wait for the EVO2 to come out in Q3.

Wrong…and i call bullsh!t on the 2 day battery life…I ran cm and tiamat and I couldn’t get past 5 pm…we must have different ideas of what a power user is. 3d facebook photos? That’s your complaint?…how bout u just take any 3d photo convert it to 2d and post that? You are aware that u can take 2d photos…right? 3d facebook photos!…sheesh

• Covert a 3d to 2d? Lol. It meant to point out the uselessness of a 3d camera. Almost no reviews say the camera is improved at all over the 3d. Many have said the opposite. Enjoy your 6-8 hours battery life and the joy of carying extra batteries.

• Evo2 in Q3?
    First I’ve heard. I’ll have to Google that.
    I thought we missed our chance with the Evo 4G+ going to Korea.

• The problem is they made the first evo too freakin well for most people to warrant an upgrade. Dont believe me just check the comments out on this site its evo vs evo on here and its amazing!!

Whatever…enjoy “powerusing” your year old dinosaur…

I got a chanced to really test out the 3D phone today. I have nothing bad to say about it at all. But I’ve decided that signing a new 2 year contract…. locking myself into this phone till July 2013, just doesn’t make sense (IN MY OPINION). I should obviously wait until the Samsung Galaxy IIs comes out… and take a look at that. If nothing else, I leave myself out of contract and available for the next best thing. One of the strongest arguments for the 3D was battery life, but since upgrading to the 4.24 gingerbread update… I’m getting 12 hours + of battery life anyway. Thanks for all those who offered their opinions earlier.

• I have a feeling that heads are rolling in the Sprint Marketing Department regarding the decision to introduce the Evo 3D to the US market instead of the Evo 4G+. (Or at the very least they are scratching their heads as to what is occurring.)
    I have been reading the feedback on various websites, and this appears to be the opinion of more than just a couple of Sprint customers.
    I know there are those who love the Evo 3D, and are very satisfied with their decision, and I also know there are many who kept their Evo 4G, and decided not to make the switch for various reasons. There are also the new customers to Sprint or first time buyers of an HTC device. I am unsure of what has been occurring regarding their decision to purchase the 3D or not.
    With the above being said, sometimes it is hard to put a finger on the reason why one product is a Blockbuster, and another item is not. Supply & Demand is what determines this, and to figure it out is the proverbial ‘Golden Chalice.’

• The price isn’t dropping because the phone isn’t catching on. The price is dropping only on amazon because amazon does this will all their phones except the iphone (brainwashed people will pay anything for apple). Again this pricing drop is for new accounts not renewals. So this just shows that amazon really wants to keep their commission coming to them instead of someone else. Either way if you are happy with your 4g then good. No need to talk bad about other phones.
    I purchased evo3d and I love it. At first battery wasn’t good but I figured out why and now I get 15 to 21 hours of battery life compared to 7-9 on evo4g. I’m happy with my choice

• Either way the phone is awesome. Some say their battery is better on the evo than the 3d without even trying the phone thats just their word. I have used both and I know for a fact the evo3d gets better battery life and its not even rooted.
    But hey if you really think you get better battery on the evo4g and think its better than the evo3d then go ahead and stay with it. No one is forcing you to do anything. I myself will continue to use my beastly evo3d and will have it rooted when available to make it even more of a beast. Yes the photon might be coming out and might have better specs but aren’t phones always coming out with better specs? thats the name of the game, better and better. But I’m not gonna sit around and say “oh, there will be a better phone in couple months, I will just wait”. If that was the case I would never upgrade.
    All I know is I loved my evo4g and now I love even more my evo3d and couldn’t be happier.

• Please tell me why in hell anyone thinks the EVO 3D is not worth the upgrade from the 4G. I’m sick of reading these idiot comments from these ignorant people saying they don’t need the 3D and their 4G is just fine. I understand if you’re not eligible for an upgrade and you’re just pissed about it, but what about the dual core INSTANT everything, increased RAM, better camera, and 3D doesn’t blow away the 4G? You all sound stupid. Please stop. Thank you.

• I’m with Darth.. Rico, seriously dude, what the hell are you talking about? You can’t upload 3D photos to Facebook? Yea you would totally upgrade if it was a single 8mp camera? FYI, it is impossible to tell the difference between the cameras, and if that’s your deciding factor, buy a flip phone and an SLR.

• Well, wasn’t that just the most intelligent and delightful post anyone could have hoped for.

Well said… but still doesn’t make sense. Congrats on locking yourself into 2013 with your new 3D. The plus side is… you can always pay full retail for a new phone later this year or by June next year. Then you’ll really show us all!!!!

• What was killing your battery? For me it was that broken Facebook app. Got rid of it and battery life doubled from Evo 4g levels like yours.

• pedantry: ON
    If you’re staying with Sprint, it’s only til May 2013, as you can upgrade at 22 months. :D
    pedantry: off

But if 3D isn’t your thing, the SGS2 and Photon do seem pretty nice (and hell, some people I know are even banking on a Sprint iPhone this holiday). But just don’t wait too long, as that would mean an even longer wait for the LTE phones Sprint will probably introduce within the next two years….unless you’re going to stick with the Evo 4g until those come out?

Because it’s not _that_ much better and 3d is a gimmick? You may think it’s a great feature but I’d rather not carry around a phone with hardware features I don’t need or want. I can upgrade, and probably will get the 3d simply because it’s there, but I haven’t yet. The Evo 4g is already more phone than I need. I tether heavily on 4g at home, use Camscanner, Google Docs/Maps/Nav/Calendar and gmail for 2-10 hours every day for work. Synergy and Cyanogen offer more than enough speed to do all this.

Why shouldn’t I stick with the 4g another year? I’d rather have a GHz single core phone with a better screen and better single camera. And a kickstand.

Yes, I’m good now, and so are three other people on my plan.

*That should have read 1.5Ghz, but auto correct had other ideas.