Software UpdatesStreakSmart

Dell Streak 7 WiFi getting Honeycomb update on October 7th?

Dell-streak-7-honeycomb

The Dell Streak 7 was running Honeycomb 3.2 at IFA a few weeks ago and previous rumors have suggested that an official OTA would be hitting the WiFi-only version of the tablet this month, so it's not too far-fetched to believe what just landed in my inbox.

According to a tipster with some inside info and multiple confirmations from various sources within Dell, the official Honeycomb update is expected to be released for WiFi Streak 7s on Friday, October 7th. Considering what day it is today, that's not too far off from the previously rumored September launch window. In fact, that's already next week.

While there's always a chance that nothing will happen on the 7th, at least we don't have to wait much longer to find out.

Thanks, tipster!

37 thoughts on “Dell Streak 7 WiFi getting Honeycomb update on October 7th?

I manually went to the “system update” in the About screen today and it actually opens a “real” Dell webpage that says no updates available at this time. I was thinking that was a good step from the previous “page does not exist” that we used to get.
    That, plus the above has me believing!

That page has been there since February.

wasnt for me or the other 10 users in my company with Streak 7. All any of us ever got was the bogus does not exist page.

Is this the same tipster that told you it would launch in September from your previous post?

Yup, i just did the same today and was like sweet it must be getting close to update time !!! :)

I hope he’s right. Just got my Streak this week after I saw Dell’s announcement of honeycomb. If it doesn’t update I’ll end up returning it. I’m consistently checking waiting for it…

Spoke to a rep at Dell an he told me their tech support has a tenative date of Oct 11th to release the update…

• so far NO tips have been correct on this tablet. Dell is a super sized failure machine lately

I just read on a Dell blog that the UK got the over the air update today on the 3G version. I also spoke to once again another rep in which she encouraged me two times to make sure I check for updates on Monday, but she also said they didn’t want to give out a for sure date for whatever reasons they have…..

• Spoke to Dell mobile tech support today an they confirmed to me the wifi release in the US will be sometime on Oct 7th for the update… One week to go, were see what happens…

• Just got the official update (in Canada).

Would be nice to have it now but I guess Dell wants to work out the kinks before we out the US release.

• Today is OCT 16th.Still waiting for upgrade.

• Today is OCT 16th.Still waiting for upgrade.

• GARY,
    HOW DO YOU LIKE THE NEW UPGRADE?

• Question – I hope someone can answer. All I can find on the Dell website is that the Honeycomb update is for the WiFi and unlocked versions only. Of course, as I was early to jump on the Streak 7 when only the T-Mobile version was available, Dell has decided to pi$$ on me by not offering the update. So my question is, if I unlock my T-Mobile version of the Streak-7, will I get the update?

• I upgraded, 100 times better! better power management, better home screen!
    Dell 7 Streak WIFI user.

• Thanks for the post. I got the upgrade but which I got but do not really like it. Much too much of a change. It has slowed me down to a crawl trying use my Streak 7 now. Stuck with it.

• I realized the total update took longer than I thought. I do like Honeycomb now.

• for my dell streak 7 wifi, its still says no update available. Dell sucks

• Today is NOV 4. Still waiting . Dell sucks.

• I’ve been running the honeycomb theme launcher for a while now but spoke to tmobile rep today and they said I had to get the tablet unlocked andd then call Dell. I called Dell and they said that even unlocked that the 4G t-mobile version didn’t have the 3.2 update yet. Any ideas?

• I use my tablet to manage my social media clients programs even when I’m not in front of a computer. I use Tweet Deck, etc. on my Dell Streak 7 but I can’t get to update to Honeycomb yet. Any ideas?

• I upgraded today, a Staples clearance buy. Nice,a little tweeking needed but all in all very nice

i have dell streak 7 in win7 ooo yeahhhh

What version of the Dell Streak do you have?

If you have the WiFi version (ONLY) or an UNLOCKED Dell Streak (this means, you did not purchase it from a company like T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, etc) then use this link:

If you purchased your Streak 7 from any cellphone provider, then you have to speak to them, and have them call Dell on your behalf to find some answers.

You stated, you have a “…Dell Streak 7 in win7….”, what did you mean for the part of “…in win7…” ?

Please, state which version you have (WiFi, Unlocked or from a cellphone service) and what you did to it, if anything. :)

• Android 3.2 introduces a new compatibility zoom mode that gives users a new way to view fixed-sized apps on larger devices. The new mode provides a pixel-scaled alternative to the standard UI stretching for apps that are not designed to run on larger screen sizes, such as on tablets.

• I had to have a new board put in mine that has Android 2.2. The USB/charge connector is a weak link.
    I go to the same 3.2 update page but the Install button does not respond anymore.
    Stuck with 2.2 right now.

• so not to sound stupid but can i put windows on my dell streak? Im just not a big fan of android! There, i said it! Lol

• Im using 3.2 right now. The newest one i think

• Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe
    for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright
    clear idea