FeaturesStreakSmart

Is there a Dell Streak 7 shortage?

Small_Dell-Streak-7-Android-Tablet

Oh, boy! Here we go again . . . sort of. According to an email received by a prospective Streak owner, the Streak 7 is being delayed. He reached out to a Dell customer rep and was told the delay is due to "engineering changes to the Streak."

I'm not saying that the 7-inch tablet will end up like its little sister, but any delay to any product probably isn't a good sign. Of course, there's a very small chance it could be that a higher-res screen, better battery life, or even the official Honeycomb update is coming.

Anyway, here's the whole email he got:

Dear Customer,

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted the Estimated Delivery Date and are confident your order will be delivered on or before 9/16/2011

We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Have any of you received the same or a similar email? If you have, please let us know.

[Pocketables Forum]

Calob Horton

Calob Horton is an associate editor at Pocketables. He loves all technology, no matter which company it comes from. This unbiased view of the tech world allows him to choose the products that best fit his personal needs and tastes: a Microsoft Surface Pro, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and a third-gen iPad.Google+ | Twitter | More posts by Calob | Subscribe to Calob's posts

10 thoughts on “Is there a Dell Streak 7 shortage?

dislike. not holding my breath on the honeycomb, even for wifi only

• Should of Eol’d first…

I’ve had a Dell Streak 7 since April.Actually,I’ve had 4 of them.The first one froze on me 1 week after my purchase was delivered.The 2nd one was delivered with the screen caved in.The 3rd one was working fine until last week.All my apps were force closing for no reason.When I was ordering my 4th one I asked the Dell rep “How do I know that this 4th one is’nt defective?”His response is as followed”I can assure you that your 4th tablet will NOT have the same bugs as the others.The one we are sending you is the newest version of the Dell Streak 7.This Dell is built to receive the Honeycomb 3.2 by SEPTEMBER END”.
    Now what that says of the previous Dell7,I am not sure?
    What I do know is that this 4th Dell is definetly more responsive w/a new Swype keyboard layout.
    I’ll keep ya’ll posted.
    P.S.Why so many returns?I missed my return window by 20minutes.So I’m stuck with it.Doesn’t seem like a bad purchase after all.

Well as an update, my streak didnt take until the 16th and was delivered today, but still shipping with 2.2. Was hoping to be oneof first to get official honeycomb release but at least I got my new toy.

• i was supposed to get mine on sept 1. ordered on aug. 17.

Dear Customer,

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted the Estimated Delivery Date and are confident your order will be delivered on or before 9/21/2011

We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience.

• I ordered mine on August 20th. My original delivery date was September 2. Then it was the 9th and now its the 23rd. Maybe I’ll end up getting an updated version…. Doesn’t really matter, I knew what I was getting into in the first place. Although, I thought I would have it by now. Thanks for the great site. Its given me something to read while waiting on my Streak..

I ordered a Streak 7 from Dell on 9/4/11. The rest of my order has been assembled and shipped as of 9/6/11, but the Streak 7 is listed as “in production”. I’ll wait a few days and see if the status chagnes, if it doesn’t, I will contact dell and try to dig for some info.

Well, Dell has updated the status on my Streak 7 order to show that it has been shipped, and the FedEx tracking information shows it as being in transit with a predicted delivery date of 9/13/11.

• I was in the same situation; I ordered my Streak as part of their $199 special with the purchase of a $799+ computer on August 17. The computer arrived on time, but the Streak was pushed back to September 19. However, it shipped on Sept 7 and arrived Sept 9.