Good and EVO

White HTC EVO 4G officially reaches end of life tomorrow

Rip-evo4g-white It was a sad day back in July when we reported that the HTC EVO 4G would be reaching its EOL (end of life) status this fall. We are sad to report that the day has now come in which we must finally say "goodbye" to the white EVO 4G.

According to the updated EOL list leaked by Sprint Feed below, the week of 9/18 (that's this week) is the last week that the white EVO 4G will be ordered by retail stores. This means that once existing inventory is sold out, that's that.

The original black EVO 4G is still on schedule to be offed sometime in early October, although exact dates have still not yet been released.

The EVO 4G has the distinction of holding many firsts: the first 4G phone, the first phone with a built-in kickstand, and the first Android 2.1 phone (other than Google's own Nexus) to receive an official update to Android 2.2 (Froyo) in the summer of 2010.

However, as we mourn the loss of one of the most innovative consumer devices to come to market, we look forward at what else Sprint and HTC have up their sleeves for the coming years.

Eol-evo4g

[Sprint Feed]

John F

19 thoughts on “White HTC EVO 4G officially reaches end of life tomorrow

No wonder white evos got free upgrade to the 3D! But luckly I turned in my black EVO n got in return a white EVO!!

So long to a brutha from another mother :-)
    Sadly, your brutha will be joining you soon :(

I had the Kyocera Echo when it came out before I got my 3vo.. Best thing I ever did was realize that was going nowhere fast! Glad to see it made EOL, maybe if it had better processor and the screen was 2 fold-able 4×3’s to give you an 8 x 6 tablet feel… Oh well, I got lucky because the 3d came out 2 weeks after I got the echo.

I would have loved a glossy silver one.

• I love my white EVO! had it from day one, and it’s still chugging along perfectly … I don’t know if I’ll be able to part with it ;-( it’s the first phone that I’ve kept past – oh – 6 months? Hopefully whatever new shiny toy from HTC that comes along will make me say “ooh” the same way I did with this one.

• No doubt this is the start of some very SAD DAYS TO COME IN EVO LAND. But happily I can say our future family brand will be strong and bright especially in 2012. Yes I proudly was owner of the first EVO 4G on June 4th 2010 until June 24th 2011 and current Evo 3d owner today. I support HTC and Qualcomm and Sprint that will never change and because of that the best years are ahead for the EVO family of devices ESPECIALLY with the snapdragon S4 Processors on the way… Quadcore baby with 4.7 or 5.0 screen on the way..

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand this comment at all?

So sad… but I’m lucky to have in my hands a brand new white evo which I just received as a replacement for my damaged old one. I will take care very good care of this one and keep it alive until something really better comes out from htc.

Nice, but how about a useful article like the one I e-mailed to you – what’s the frickin’ status on the Evo 4G+?????? :P

I do love how “official” now means a screen shot from sprintfeeds! I mean, that’s as official as official gets… My locations are still able to order new and refurbished…

Nope. Not just you.

Do you like your 3D better than the old one? You seem knowledgeable and I value your opinion. I was thinking of holding on to my black OG 4G and seeing the next generation of HTC phones after 3D for my upgrade. What do you think, Richard?

• When we know anything more about the EVO 4G+ other than what we’ve already reported, we’ll be sure to let you know! :)

That new Sammy looks really nice though, even you gotta admit Richard ;-)

• In many ways the EVO 3D is much better than the old EVO 4G. It’s very much faster and the battery life is great I always get a good 17 to 23 hrs daily on my device. I really do miss the KICKSTAND I thought I would be able to get over that but I can’t. I believe that at this stage of the game depending on your next upgrade you might be able to hold out for the upcoming EVO BRAND of 2012 thou it won’t be out till August of 2012. CTIA is May 2012 where the evo of 2012 will be introduced to the public and this device will have the latest Qualcomm Snapgragon S4 meaning the potential to support 4.7 to 5.0 inch screen as well as the quadcore 1.8 to 2.5 Ghz processor as well as 1.5 to 2.0 Gb of ram. I am holding out for that beast and I sugjest you do the same unless the OG EVO 4G does not get the ice cream update then I would upgrade to the EVO 3D knowing that this device will recieve all the upcoming updates since it is HTC/SPRINTS FLAGSHIP DEVICE…READ UP ON THIS ARTICLES ON THE SNAPDRAGON S4…http://www.allgeek.tv/2011/09/15/qualcomm-introduces-s4-line-of-snapdragon-processors-28nm-quad-core-1080p/….READ UP ON THIS ARTICLE ALSO..http://recombu.com/news/qualcomms-s4-snapdragon-series-up-to-25ghz-first-device-coming-end-of-2011_M15174.html

• Yes Samsung has definately stepped there game up no question..I liked there Galaxy S2 and the sprint Epic Touch 4g is a very nice device I applaud sammy. The only trouble I would have with them is software knowing that the device won’t see another OS update is a hard pill to swollow. Sammy has to prove to everyone that they will support there devices which they have yet to do unless your living abroad in another country. With the current track record of HTC and it’s evo line of devices I would never switch from that because all there devices are supported with needed updates

;) Tell me about it. Order several today as well. Using another blog as an official source is….. not that official.

Thank you sir!

How’s that free upgrade for the EVO Whiteys work? Haven’t been able to get any such info from Sprint or their retail partners yet.