Good and EVO

Amazon now selling purple HTC EVO 3D for $49.99

Purple-evo3dAfter a short period of exclusivity at Best Buy, it looks like Amazon has jumped on the purple HTC EVO 3D bandwagon and is offering the device for new customers at only $49.99.

Actually, it's "plum," not purple. But in any case, this is still a great deal, especially if you found the plain ol' black EVO to be too … vanilla? … for your tastes.

We should also note that eligible upgrades and add-a-lines on family plans will run you $99.99, but this comes with all the standard Amazon Wireless perks, such as no tax (in most places) and free two day shipping. The black EVO 3D is also still available on Amazon at the same respective price points ($49.99/$99.99).

Meanwhile, back at Best Buy, the EVO 3D remains stubbornly overpriced at $199.99. This, of course, begs the question: why would anyone want to purchase it from them? Still, I guess it's nice to have options.

[Amazon Wireless]

John F

7 thoughts on “Amazon now selling purple HTC EVO 3D for $49.99

I really wish people would just stop using “begs the question.” No one seems to ever use it correctly.

• I really love that shade of purple.

• Also if you go to WireFly.com they show the HTC EVO 3D in HOMESCREEN LANDSCAPE MODE…NOTE….NOT DOCK MODE! What gives seriously?

Note again WireFly.com PLUM HTC EVO 3D
    and besides rooting is there any way to do this now?

• Not only is it in landscape, but there is a new wallpaper, and the 4G icon looks different. But all of this is only on WireFly. The Amazon site shows everything on the phone correctly. Could the WireFly phone be running Ice Cream Sandwich?

• Love the phone but my Seidio purple case makes mine look purple. LOL! I would have a case on it if i had that anyway but it is nice. I wish our phone rotated the home screen in Landscape.

• HELLO THERE!
    I AM EXPECTING TO RECEIVE MY HTC EVO 3D IN VIA UPS TODAY.
    I AM REALLY EXPECTING TO BE SURPRISED BY ALL THE FEATURES IT HAS.
    THE LAST PHONE I HAD WAS BAD. THE BUTTONS WERE SO SMALL THAT I WAS ALWAYS CALLING THE WRONG NUMBER. SINCE MY FINGERS ARE THICK. IM SURE IT COMES WITH A NICE KEYPAD AND I DID ORDER IT IN PURPLE.
    THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT RICHARD!
    GIL