Software UpdatesStreakSmart

Dell confirms T-Mobile Streak 7 won't be updated to Honeycomb

Honeycomb-bee We told you back in August that while WiFi-only versions of the Dell Streak 7 would be treated to an official Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) update, T-Mobile 4G variants would be indefinitely stuck with Froyo.

Last week's rollout of the OTA update to what seemed like every Streak 7 out there except the T-Mobile one supported our previous news, and now we have solid confirmation from none other than Dell.

Speaking about the Honeycomb update for unlocked and WiFi Streak 7s in the US, Europe, and Asia, the company put the final nail in the coffin with this statement:

Dell will not be offering the update for customers locked to T-Mobile in the U.S. With each software update, the requirements for offering the update vary by carrier, region and device, and Dell has decided to not offer this update to T-Mobile customers in the United States.

There's no uncertainty in that.

[Direct2Dell] Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

9 thoughts on “Dell confirms T-Mobile Streak 7 won't be updated to Honeycomb

• That’s some bullshit!I’m expecting a Dell Streak7 4G (T-Mobile) to arrive in the next few days.I sent out my tablet for repair&had it returned damaged.After requesting my replacement the Dell rep told me me”not only will you be getting a replacement,but it WILL come equipt with Honeycomb 3.2 pre-installed”.If this post is true,then I’m gonna raise hell with Dell customer service for being misinforming.This is why their calls are recorded.Not only for quality purposes,but to find out who’s guilty of wrong doings.
    I’ll keep you posted.

• please give them hell this is absolute rubbish. I think Dell blatantly lied to us all. (Not like I run crummy stock builds for more than a day or so anyhow, I’ll be installing the latest HoneyStreak).

This is just very poor on Dell’s part, I want to call them lazy.

• Write to Tmob and demand the update, your paying good money for the service.

LOL…quit complaining. I’m still waiting for Dell to release Gingerbread on the 5″ streak.
    One reason I will NOT purchase another Streak…lack of support.

• not purchase another streak? how about never purchasing another dell product again…

• That’s what the comment box is for.To state opinions.Quit complaining about my complaint.

• If I unlock my t-mobile streak 7, will I be able to download the official update then?

• i have had gangs of issues my Tmobile 4G WiFi streak7.ive tried it all just tried the new update it failed also and fastboot doesnt work. Any help?

I posted an issue @ DELL site regarding their very unsatisfied customer and customer service. They won’t post it. I had dealt with DELL so many hours, even weeks when I ordered my Inspiron 10″….fresh from the fab, it never worked. I spent hours and hours for nothing. They requested to send it out. After a week I recieved it and the damn thing was not working still. They sent technician, replaced the hard drive and bluetooth card, still the damn thing did not work. They sent me a refurbished replacement. Still the replacement did not work, so I tried to fix it my self….not it’s working! All the time I wasted with DELL, I don’t know why I ordered Streak 7. Now, it seems like the upgrade from FROYO to HONEYCOMB is not available from DELL. What the F@#$%K! So I posted on their main site thread for Streak 7, that if they are not happy with DELL to send a complaint to Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org/) and Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov/)……Let your voice be heard! You might get a reply from DELL!