HTC EVO Design 4G coming to Sprint Oct. 23 for $99.99
Yep. It is finally official! The first HTC EVO world phone has just been announced at Sprint's Newsroom.
From the looks of it, the EVO Design 4G is going to be touting a 4-inch qHD display, a 1.2GHz (single core?) processor, Android 2.3 with at least HTC Sense 2.1 (most likely Sense 3.0), 5MP rear (with HD video recording) and 1.3MP front cameras, WiMAX, and last but not least GSM-roaming (for you international travelers out there).
And it can be yours for just $99.99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate, of course).
In my opinion, I think we found ourselves a nice little mid-line EVO here. Who else wishes the HTC EVO Shift 4G would have touted specs like this?
For full specifications, keep reading.
Here's the specs straight from Sprint:
- 3G/4G capability
- Vibrant, large 4-inch qHD pinch-to-zoom display that is perfect for web browsing or viewing your favorite videos and photos
- World Phone capabilities to make and receive calls and texts, and to access email and news from locations around the globe
- Aluminum unibody design gives the HTC EVO Design 4G a slim, streamlined profile –guaranteed to get attention and nicely compact in your hand, pocket or bag
- 1.2GHz processor
- Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread, with access to more than 250,000 apps on Android Market™
- HTC Sense lets you do more in fewer steps with a logical and friendly experience that brings everything you care about right to the surface
- Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while talking
- Google™ mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Google Talk™, Gmail™, YouTube™ and syncs with Google Calendar™
- Visual voicemail
- Messaging – personal and business email, IM and text messaging
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
- 5MP camera with camcorder and 1.3MP front-facing camera
- High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G and 4G data speeds
- Output HD content to a compatible HDTV using DLNA
- HTC Watch™ lets you watch shows and movies on the go
- Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Stereo Bluetooth® 3.0
- Built-in Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Digital compass, motion G-Sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, GPS
- Expandable memory: 8GB microSD card included with support for up to 32GB
- Sprint applications, including Sprint Zone, Sprint TV & Movies®, Sprint Football Live, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.4 x 0.47 inches (LxWxT)
- Weight: 5.2 ounces
- Main display: 4-inch QHD super LCD display (960×540), 16M colors
- Standard removable 1520 mAh Lithium Ion (Li-ion) battery providing up to six hours of talk time
The real question: what do G&E readers think of the latest EVO? Did HTC do good? Sound off in the comments below.