Honeycomb update for HTC EVO View 4G rolls out today for those who didn't manually update
In case you didn't manually poll the servers for the long-awaited Honeycomb update yesterday, Sprint is officially sending out OTA update notifications to HTC EVO View 4G owners starting today. This update bumps the View's software version up to 2.23.651.1, and Android to 3.2.1.
Here is the official changelog from Sprint:
- Android 3.2.1 (Honeycomb) and a new virtual and holographic user interface.
- New virtual and holographic interface
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode
If you are rooted, do not apply this update! Developer globatron over at xda is working on a way for rooted View users to safely apply this update, and we'll let you know when this is ready. If you decide to update anyway, you will run into potentially irreversible problems (I'm talking from experience here).
If you are unrooted have at it, enjoy, and let us know what you think![Sprint]