Good and EVOSoftware Updates

Reminder: HTC EVO 3D OTA update to 2.17.651.5 rolls out nationwide today

6a00d83451c9ec69e20167606b706f970b-800wiIn case you haven’t already manually installed the latest OTA software update on your HTC EVO 3D, Sprint will begin rolling it out to users nationwide today. The update bumps the phone up to version 2.17.651.5 and brings with it a host of improvements, although Sprint’s official changelog mentions only a mysterious “Security Update.” One of the first things we noticed was that Carrier IQ has finally been removed. G&E readers, however, have also been quick to note that speed and general overall performance have also drastically improved since this latest update, while a few have also reported better battery life. You can expect to be notified of this update at any time from here on out, so be on the lookout if you tend to be less proactive about these types of things. And once you install it, be sure to let us know how it’s working out for you, and whether you notice any other improvements! Now if we could just get some Ice Cream Sandwich, we’ll be all set.

John F

21 thoughts on “Reminder: HTC EVO 3D OTA update to 2.17.651.5 rolls out nationwide today

• TWRP & unlocked by HTC … waiting for a flashable update. Anyone find have one?

Head over to xda-developers.com for the rooted odexed and deodexed files

• So this is not for the Evo Design 4g as well?

I need help unlocking the bootloader on this OTA..doesnt work

ive noticed since the update, a new market on my phone, alot better battery but ive been seeing alot of sms/mms errors. Anybody else having the same issue?

With the new update I’ve notice that you can’t turn the shutters on the camera off and all of my ringtones ( notification email text message) get change automatically

Has my wifes phone stuck at the sprint screen…

No EVO 3D only

What hboot do you have

This update doesn’t effect the bootloader so you should be able to use revolutionary method if you don’t already have 1.5. If you do have 1.5 you should still be able to use htcdev method.

• I had a yellow bang and a blue Androiod on my phone when it installed. Pulling the battery and rebooting brought the phone back. I have my phone HTCdev rooted and it did not break that either. We’ll see about the battery.

I’m on hboot 1.5, and this new OTA (2.17)…please help me someone I posted everywhere on xda and no solution. When I get to step 12 at HTC dev to flash the unlock code it says successful but nothing happens on my screen..I was told to run an RUU of 2.08 but that fails with an error 140 when it shows the HTC logo and a blackscreen behind It.

Stupid question but do you have usb debugging turned on or off. It’s supposed to be turned on.

• I haven’t checked the latest developments at XDA-Developers but several persons experienced with flashing roms had major problems trying to install the newest update on rooted 3Ds.

usb debugging is checked on, and fast boot is unchecked.

Yes I have been having the same issue. Also my sms/mms have been delayed at times. sometimes not getting them for hrs. Not sure what to do, I called sprint but they have been no help. I tried a factory reset, but have the same issues.

• Looks like this got around the 2009 Android bug where device clock is gps-disciplined rather than utc, so it was 15 seconds fast.

• Also the gmail sync issue seems fixed as well…

• If rooted on 1.4 then use freeza’s all in one on xda. It is safe and works.
    Do not flash the items separately. Bricks are being made.
    Btw, my wimax connection doubled speed from 2.5 to 5 mbps.

• Hacettepe Üniversitesi fakülte ve yüksekokullarına kayıtlı öğrencilere sürdürmekte oldukları akademik programlarda ve mezuniyet sonrası profesyonel hayatlarında gereksinim duyacakları yabancı dil becerilerini kazandırmak.