Good and EVO

President Obama spotted with HTC EVO 3D

Obama-evo3d

We are always thrilled when the HTC EVO 3D pops up in unexpected places, like primetime TV. But here's a new one: a photo from the White House's official Flickr photostream shows President Barack Obama looking at something on our beloved device.

The caption reads:

President Barack Obama visits with 2010 NASCAR Champion Jimmie Johnson and his wife, Chandra, in the Red Room of the White House before a ceremony to honor Johnson’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship, Sept. 7, 2011.

But the question remains, just what is the president looking at? Maybe he's viewing a video in 3D, and is having trouble getting just the right angle. Or could he be video chatting with Michelle over Qik? Checking himself out with the front-facing camera? Updating his Twitter? Checking his approval ratings online? Trying to figure out why his Android Market hasn't updated yet?

OK, I'll stop now.

[Flickr] Thanks, Rich!

John F

38 thoughts on “President Obama spotted with HTC EVO 3D

Well I guess this means I need to sell my EVO 3D. I refuse to use the same phone as an avowed Communist.

Yeah, that’s rational.

• Probably showing him highlights on the Sprint NASCAR app. I honestly don’t picture President Obama watching NASCAR, so he probably hasn’t seen many of Jimmy’s wins.

Though, the way he’s holding it, maybe they are watching Green Hornet 3D, to show off the 3D

• Wow. You are insane. Leave your political bs for another site.

• Worst President Ever! Even with a EVO 3D!

Hopefully people will wake up and see the damage he’s doing to this great country before it’s too late.

Are you seriously that stupid? Want to see his birth certificate too? Shouldn’t you be watching Bill O’Reilly or Michael Savage or some other FauxNews program?

• Hey guys – let’s try to keep politics out of this, regardless of which side you’re on, ok? Happy Friday! :-)

And then he asked, Whats a nascar?

hilarious!

isn’t it that french dish with snails?

Actually, I woke up this morning to see unemployment drop even further, which of course is bad news for those on the right..

Nice try, buddy :)

• Well said, I stand by you on that one!

Unemployment only dropped because 1.6 million Americans, and all-time record, decided to give up on even looking. The part you may not know is that they don’t count people who have given up in the unemployment rate.

This is like claiming a new medicine is a success because half the people who tried it died and are no longer sick.

The REAL unemployment rate is actually about 18%.

It is kind of naive to think you can post a picture of the worst President in US History as the headline during an election year and expect it to not get political.

You may as well post a picture of a naked woman holding the EVO 3D and expect us to talk only about the screen resolution.

• Just because an image of the president appears, it does not require commentary about your thoughts on him. You must live a pretty miserable life, since the president is in the new quite often.

Just an FYI, he’s only the ‘worst’ based on your own scale. He wasn’t the one that put us into this situation. He’s just the one with the unfortunate task of getting us out. And that can’t be done with the flip of a switch, especially with a congress that is busy trying to hold that switch down. He’s done things that I definitely don’t agree with, but what president hasn’t? Definitely not the worst though.

• Hey guys, let me just say this again: this is not really a political post. It’s an EVO sighting – that’s all. I understand emotions and opinions are charged right now, but no one is going to convince anyone else to change their mind on Obama on a site like G&E. And since it looks like we need some reminding, personal attacks on other readers or offensive language are never appropriate. Thanks! :-)

John, John, John. Your appeals to rationality and civility are noble yet quite naive. Haven’t you figured out that internet comment sections are irresistible to folks who think that others really care about their opinion? That could have been a picture of anyone and someone -likely the same folks here- would have no choice but to tell us all what they think of that person.

Thanks to John for posting this picture! Always cool to see a 3d in the media. As far as political views keep them to yourself! This is a evo lovers site. END OF STORY

That picture could make a good commercial for the HTC evo 3D.

• I’m still waiting. I believe someone mentioned we would see a naked woman holding the EVO 3D.

In 3D of course….

he is reading the holy karan app because he side loaded the apk file he downloaded from Megaupload …lol

My God, would you PLEASE shut up?!

I wonder if he has 4g… ’cause, dammit, I don’t!! “hey sprint”… DO BETTER!!

• Agree….. Maybe the Majority of America will wake up one day and stop being a bunch lemmings.
    My first thought to the photo was wow what a way to NOT sell the EVO 3D

Best comment so far!

• Maybe not a communist but definitely a socialist.
    I am surprised that there are liberals that love Android. It goes against the core agenda of the Democrat party to control your life just like Apple..

For what it’s worth, my market update pushed automatically shortly after the last OTA.

• Go back to kindergarten. Adults at work here.

Oh, look at that. It’s my Nobel Peace Prize in 3D. Who would have ever expected that?

• Cool.
    Too bad I can’t stand him.
    I can’t sit him either.

Love Obama!!! A great man doing great things!! To bad ppl are to blind to see the good smh.

Didnt see this before posting.
    But most likely knew this would create a stir ;)

I hope Obama gets to have a lot more time on his hands, so he can play with his Evo all he wants too in the near future.

• Ppl are crazy, post another pic of him, post another pic, and it’s funny very funny, I love it all.