ROM Picks: Red Line v.1.0.1 for HTC EVO 4G
Continuing our look at stock-based ROMs for the HTC EVO 4G, today let's spend some time with Red Line (version 1.0.1) by developer Diablo67.
Much like EVO 4G Stock Nocturnal Edition, this ROM is bug-free due to it being based off of the latest 4.67 OTA update straight from HTC.
What really sets Red Line apart from the rest is the red accents that can be found throughout the ROM. It also features many hacks and has been heavily optimized. Diablo67 has taken the time to remove some bloatware apps that everyone hates as well.
A few of you may be skeptical as to whether or not you will like the red look of this ROM, so take a peek at some additional screenshots below. We've also got a rundown of Red Line's goodies and add-ons, so you'll want to keep scrolling down even if you're not concerned with all the red.
So what are the goods?
- Based off of the 4.67.651.3 OTA Update from HTC
- Apps2SD, itit.d scripts (including V6 Supercharger), and JPEG quality increased to 100%
- Added apps: Android Assistant, Antutu Benchmark, Dropbox, Sexy Girls LWP, Superclock LWP, Partical LWP, ES File Explorer
- Lots of red theme-age (including a custom red Android Market)
- Romance Fatal font and Flip animation
- Hotspot hacked
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animations
- Quick Settings/Recent Apps, true data displayed, and no GPS icon displayed in status bar
- Right dock button remapped to LaunchKey (open LaunchKey and map the right button to any app)
- Lots of bloatware removed
- Stock kernel
- Custom wallpapers
- /data/app enabled and Bash/Nano support
It looks like Diablo67 may be adding more add-ons later but for now, be sure to check out his custom splash screen.
One of the most important considerations for a ROM you are going to run as a daily driver on your EVO is the developer's commitment. Currently, Diablo67 is working on an update to this ROM and I have a feeling there will be plenty more to follow.
Whether or not the red accents are to your liking may still be debatable, but there's no question that this ROM is bad ass!