Good and EVO

Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 available for rooted HTC EVO 3D

Cyanogenmod-logo-3For those of you who are early adopters and love testing new ROMs before they are ready for primetime, developer JoelZ9614 has just released an unofficial alpha version of CyanogenMod 9 for the HTC EVO 3D. Keep in mind that this isn't even a beta yet, so bugs are bound to be present.

Known issues right now include a non-functional camera, no 4G WiMAX, in-call mute not working, and the SD-card not properly mounting to a connected PC.

This same developer has also been working on a pure AOSP Android 4.0 ROM, as well as an Ice Cream Sandwich Sense-based ROM. In other words, he's been quite busy over the past few weeks.

You can give the latest CyanogenMod a try at the link below; full installation instructions are also available there. Just remember that updates will most likely be frequent as all the bugs get worked out, so I'd only recommend this one if you are ok with bugs, and you also consider yourself a flashaholic.

[xda-developers]

John F

15 thoughts on “Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 available for rooted HTC EVO 3D

Have been running it since yesterday and just love it!!
    My only problem is that GPS navigation doesn’t work for me (but it seems to work for others).

Anyway, Joelz has been doing exceptional work and it’s good to see him getting more and more recognition in all blogs & sites.

When I loaded up G&E this morning and saw the cyanogen mod logo I thought it might have been official rom but at least there is steady progress one way or another.

• nand backup, flash back to a sense ROM and do the ##GPSCTL# thing.

I say, having not done it / only read it.

Looks like CM9 for the 3D is about the same state or worse as any ICS for the 4G

Any word on where evo4g progress may be? Thanks

Is it not possible to overclock on this kernel? SetCPU won’t go over the standard 1GHz

• Does the camera work? I know they’ve been having issues getting ICS drivers for the cameras on various devices.

no, the camera doesn’t work in 2D or 3D at this point.

• the android open kang project has an ICS

Video does not work
    Front facing cam does not work
    4g does not work
    Chrome and Netflix do not work

Deck’s alpha 7:

Front facing cam does not work
    Camera/Video do work, but there is no preview window
    4g does not work
    Chrome works, have not checked Netflix

Thanks Paul, actually read the reviews last night regarding the new rom. I guess I also comfortable with cm7 (last nightly build) as a fully functional rom. I just didn’t know if there was any new info regarding cm9 for beloved launch-day evo4g ? Thanks again for all the continued support and info for this device

• My guess is we’ll see a working CM9 for the 4G sooner than for the 3D.

Based on this:

AOSP = open
    ICS = open
    CM9 = open
    drivers = closed/rigged/a pain
    camera drivers for 3d/4g are different
    wimax drivers for 3d/4g are the same

Right now we are missing front facing camera, and wimax on the 4g for full/complete use. (there’re misc things that need work) – but we have in working shape (for development) almost all hardware aspects of the 4G. ICS for the 4G is close to rolling.

On the 3D, we’re missing camera, wimax, front facing camera, gps? and it’s a very early build.

So, my ideas are that once Deck/Team Kang/etc get some Red Bull in them, we’ll plow through everything except WiMax for the OG, at that time, as long as people keep sharing, CM9 will have the drivers written that they need / can slap ’em in.

At the moment though, the drivers are so far back on the 3D I think we’re looking at another few weeks before we get to usable.

My opinion, and I could be entirely wrong, but I have a feeling the CM9 OG team will make short work of things once the drivers are working.

Always appreciate your responses! Thank you. Been a daily reader since I’ve had this lil bundle of joy! +ha! Sounds like good news and your right seems like alot of buzz regarding ics roms for evo4g. I personally have just enjoyed the cm teams work and the much added free space in comparison with sense base roms. To be honest don’t even miss sense.

Real quick also I read this article this morning. Seems relevant if I remember correctly from a previous article you guys have written.
    is regarding lightsqaured
    thanks again

Thanks — I got the GPS working and this has since been my daily driver.. Love it..

No camera or 4G… but I can live without it.

Well i tried flashing it and im still stuck at to splash screen done all the processes to get it flash but still stuck at splash screen any advice