CM7 and MIUI for Dell Streak 5 released
I usually become sad when I think of the Dell Streak 5 and the potential it had before Dell canned it in August of last year. But to get back to my (usually) cheery self, I think about how amazing the developer community for the device is. Today just gives me an extra memory upon which to reflect when I get down.
CM7 (CyanogenMod 7) and MIUI (a popular iOS-esque ROM) have been ported to work with the Streak 5. Here are the directions on how to install CM7, but remember to back up your device before you attempt anything.
- Download and flash stock 407. Read this guide by TheManii on how to flash.
- Download this and this and put them in your SD card
- Flash Streakmod by fastboot. Read the guide here.
- Without booting into the stock 407 ROM, go in to recovery mode (both volume keys pressed) and flash the two zip files you downloaded.
- While in recovery mode: Wipe user data, wipe user partition, wipe dalvik cache, fix permission. Reboot with both vol keys pressed.
- Do a factory Reset while booting up with vol keys pressed.
Disclaimer: since I don't own a Streak 5, those instructions were copied from the original forum posting.
Let us know if you plan to do this![xda-developers] Thanks, jokaman_03!