One thing that has bothered me about my HTC EVO View 4G is that not all apps play nicely with how I happen to be holding my tablet. To me, the most annoying is my Dish Network remote streaming app: I'll oftentimes prop my EVO View up sideways in landscape mode to watch some recordings from my DVR, but the moment I try to scan the current TV listings, or look at my previous recordings, the app forces itself into portrait mode.
Luckily, there are several apps out there that can help fix this, my favorite being Rotation Control for its ease of use and advanced options. Supported viewing modes include:
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
And of course, you could also use this on your other HTC EVO devices, but given the bulkier size of the EVO View, it's much more useful on that specific device.
Download: Google Play