Preview HTC’s Ice Cream Sandwich update here
Normally I wouldn't redirect you right away to another tech site, but in this instance it's worth it. That's because Engadget just posted an in-depth review of the latest Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Sensation XE – including Sense 3.6 – and it's simply too good to pass up. Additionally, in case you're wondering, this is probably almost exactly what the ICS update will look like on the HTC EVO 3D and EVO Design 4G, whenever HTC gets around to releasing it.
Here's the basic gist of it:
- This is not the same as the de-bloated Sense 4.0 that will be gracing the HTC One series of devices. It retains most of the look and feel of Sense 3.0, with some visual updates, most likely to appease existing users who have grown accustomed to the current Sense UI.
- The launcher bar is getting an update, and will be completely customizable. Folders will also act like they do on stock ICS.
- HTC decided to keep the Face Unlock feature from Ice Cream Sandwhich.
- Performance is slightly better.
- You will be able to "disable" almost any system app you want to prevent it from appearing in your app drawer.
Other than that, there's a lot of subtle visual enhancements, but not too much will change. If you want more information, be sure to check out the in-depth review below, including quite a few screenshots.
What do you think? Are you drooling for some Sensified Ice Cream Sandwich on your EVO?[Engadget]