Good and EVO

PSA: Sprint Picture Mail to be discontinued 4/30

Sprint-picture-mail

Personally, I don't know any HTC EVO users, or even any Sprint users, who have ever taken advantage of Sprint's Picture Mail service. Especially with such a plethora of other options for storing and sharing your pictures, like Google+ or Facebook, it's hard to see why anyone would want to use Sprint's vastly inferior service.

But just on the off chance that you are one of the few who have important pictures stored there, you should know that Sprint plans to pull the plug on April 30. That gives you just over one month to sign in to your account and download those special memories to your PC, before they're gone forever.

Interestingly, this is the same date that HTC is shutting down HTCSense.com in order to move on to bigger and better things, although it's highly unlikely that these two service closures are related. In any case, do any of you actually use Sprint Picture Mail? If so, what service are you planning to use instead?

[Sprint]

John F

14 thoughts on “PSA: Sprint Picture Mail to be discontinued 4/30

I run the Cyanogen Mod 7 Nightlies and picture mail doesn’t download. For me to view pictures people send me I have to go to this website. I’m not sure what I will do now…

• Sprint Picture Mail was extremely useful before the days of smartphones as it was the easiest (only?) way to get pictures from your phone to your computer. I used it from the day I got my first cameraphone (in 2003 or so) right up until I got my EVO 4G in 2010. Just because it is obsolete now doesn’t mean it wasn’t ever useful.

OR HAVE A SHAREPLAN WITH GIRL AND BROWSE TO HER PICTURE ACCOUNT TO SEE WHAT PICTURES SHE WAS SENDING AND RECIEVING. COUGHT MY EX G/F DOING THIS WITH HER EX. ALOT OF DIRTY PICS. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY SHE IS AN EX NOW THANKS TO SPRINT PICTURES LOL.

Does this mean that MMS is being cut off or just the online picture mail website is shutting down?

• This was a great thing with the Motorla Q9C, back in 07….Thanks for the heads up. I was a Sero member…30 bucks..ahhh

• have been using it since day one. Also works as great way to check and see what pics your kids and sending and receiving

• Yea this was a great service back before smartphones. It is obsolete these days. It was a lot of fun to use and it will be missed.
    Being able to check on what your kids were sending was a useful tool.

switch to nitrous or sos :D

• Well not everyone has smart phones. My sister sends pictures via picture mail all the time. If it is just the web interface going away, not an issue. But if it also prevents getting the pictures sent by others to me via picture mail, then that would be a problem. Some people do not have other means (my sister does not have internet access at all – and no smart phone).

• I use to use when i had my instinct best way to hide those naked photos! haha

• I’M GLAD THIS IS ALMOST OVER N HOPEFULLY FOREVER! I HATE SPRINT THAT IS SUCH AN INVASION OF PRIVACY. SERIOUSLY!

• Friend has the Sanyo Katana DLX.
    Yes, he still uses that phone.
    I had one back in the day when Sanyo Was King.
    I guess he’s outta luck starting April 30th.

• I used sprint pic mail all the time now I’m having trouble downloading my pics to my pc and soon I’ll end up losing them. the storage of pics was one of the reasons I used sprint, now sprint is just another over charged wireless company. And if they are taking features away I thinkj they should lower the price of the phone bill. also since they started with the new phones my content has all dissappeared and I still haven’t recieved credit for that either. My faith in Sprint went right down the drain….