Good and EVO

G&E will be back on May 29th

Evo3d-evolte

We have some big news to share with you on Tuesday, May 29th, so this will be G&E's last post until then.

Come back sometime in the afternoon (EST) on that day and you'll be automatically redirected to a different address, which will be our new permanent home. The new place will be completely different from what you're used to around here, but we'll still be bringing you all of the content you've come to expect from G&E over the last two years, as well as an easy way to find it. We'll have a bunch of other stuff we think you'll love too, so we hope you'll stick with us as we take our gadget obsessions in a new direction.

All comments have been closed in preparation for next week, but if you still need to talk about the EVO 4G LTE, ask other EVO-related questions, or just want to say hi, you can find me on Facebook, John on Twitter, and Paul on Google+ in the meantime. And of course, you're always welcome to stay in touch with G&E on Facebook and Twitter, which will remain unchanged.

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend and see you soon!

28 thoughts on “G&E will be back on May 29th

• Be back?!?!……..No they wont!

I like the change. Bigger and better things and all that jazz. Cool seeing Jenn’s pic too

Not sure what to think, but I get it. This must be easier for you to stream line your work.

You got ‘famous’ by providing a site specific to one device. There was nothing else like it at the time. It made us feel like part of a special club especially because sprint FINALLY had a cool phone. Now its like any other website trying to get/have everyone as an audience.

You should have fed your niche and enjoyed the good times. Another reader lost unfortunately. Best of luck. Ill stick with googling articles from now on.

• People hate change but they will eventually get over it I am sure. Content is King. I have run a website for 10 years and know the struggle to change for needs while baancing a loyal fanbase… Keep posting great content!

• The report is in and the staff wants more money ,the new evo lte was reported to have taken a pay cut also becuse their is no lte across the nation and becuse the website is hosted in Hawaii their 12 behind the eastern standard time so they just said the beer break would be longer and some one didn’t pay their web site fee and sprint promised them some air line tickets also but didn’t pay out …so that’s the big surprise

• Not sure about this new format.
    Maybe I’m used to the Good and Evo Android app we had before regarding the format??
    Not sure at this point.

The old Android app should still work, too!

• Apparently you have never herd of the saying, If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. In other words, I loved the old site and I really hate this one, so much that I don’t think I’m going to visit this site anymore. Which is really sad because your old site was my favorite web page to visit and read.

• Well, I have to admit that the old site looked dated. But can you bring back some of the things that made it unique? PLEASE? Logo, red colors, chronological timeline.

• Wait a sec – this site is all of those three, rolled up into one? I thought it was at least still a portal to EVO only news…

All rolled up into one = way too much stuff I don’t actually care about. (Tablets, WinPhone7, etc) Just gimme EVO news, please!

• This is a very good way to spread your wings and get a lot of exposure. But i just liked our theme. Please, lets see that black and red…

• can you make this EVO tab red themed? as a homage to Good & Evo & the EVO line? like just changed the blue nav bar to red and the lil Pocketable logo red? I think it would be really cool staying uniform to the new site while giving EVO community a lil taste of home.

Totally agree. I preferred the red style of the older site.

This style looks a bit generic and sterile. It’s not bad though.

I’ll admit, I liked the look and feel more of the older site, but this isn’t awful by any stretch of the imagination. I will continue to visit here for my EVO news.

The one thing I would suggest is bringing back the old blog style listing of the articles or at least make it a setting I can change. I prefer that over the tiles.

• I agree with streamlined operating ,however, one of the main points to me ways going directly to your main site. I’ve known quite sometime about your forum and didn’t want or have any desire to travel to the site. Now that you’ve changed formats not sure the likelihood i will frequent as much. Evident by coment which is my only comment at your site even though I’ve been here for the past year religiously. Why not a poll as you usually do for much more trivial subjects than this. I almost understand but you’ve just lost a word of mouth promoter no net promoter score this time.

• Not a fan of the new layout, reminds me of when life hacker changed their layout, went from something easy to follow daily or semi-daily to an ugly unorganized looking mess. Will try to keep following, really enjoyed the site and content up to this point.

• Hmmm… sucks,,, I really enjoyed the simple Evo only-ness and the one stop shop for all my evo news… now it’s just a mess of a subsection on pocketables… sigh… at least I still have ISN… (a warning would have been nice too) I probably won’t be back. :(

• You’re now like a Sprint Kiosk in the mall… Same product with none of the legitimacy!

• Not too fond of this style.
    The layout, colors, etc.
    Are the last 10 comments still here?

• It’s cheaper for them to use this web site I knew the work budget was going to take a hit advertisement and so on I hear they took a large gamble on the facebook ipo and lost big time so snip snip snip ….lol back to collecting aluminum phones

• This is good for the company, not the good and evo user/ reader …

• Me no likee the text, and background color.
    Hopefully Heads will roll for whomever is responsible for one of the Biggest BS IPO’s ever to be rolled out in a while.
    The Public was Boondoggled, while the Big, Greedy Cheating Brokerage Houses for Richer.
    Inside Information……
    Can’t get Rich Without it, and Can’t get Rich Without it…….
    Anyway, back at the Ranch, time will tell, a month or so, if this new layout is gonna work out for the Readers and Contributors.
    I hope so, as Good and Evo has been pretty good reading, and I enjoy the Comradery ;-) is that how you spell that??
    Looks funny honey lol!