Poll: Have you been able to get your HTC EVO 4G LTE yet?

preorder poll results - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

A few weeks ago, we asked you if you were planning on preordering the HTC EVO 4G LTE. The results are in, and they appear above: as it turns out, almost three-quarters of all Good and EVO readers who responded said they already preordered it, they plan to preorder it soon, or they’re waiting until shortly after it’s officially released. On the other hand, just under 27% of respondents said that the latest EVO is not for them.

Well, as most of us know by now, preorders have started arriving for some lucky folks who ordered through Sprint or a few other third-party retailers, but lots of people are still waiting. The original release date of May 18 was pushed back indefinitely due to the US Customs debacle, and Sprint has yet to officially announce a new release date (although we’re expecting that announcement to come at any moment).

In any case, we want to know: now that almost two weeks have passed since May 18, and it’s been a week since some people got their preorders, what situation do you currently find yourself in? If you’ve preordered the EVO 4G LTE, have you gotten it yet? Take part in our poll below, and help us figure out how widespread the availability problem really is.

become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

John F

14 thoughts on “Poll: Have you been able to get your HTC EVO 4G LTE yet?

May 31, 2012 at 9:52 am

I got mine at BB and was one of the lucky ones. It’s the best phone I’ve ever had.

May 31, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’m still waiting on mine from Best Buy! I had to send my review unit back, Sprint messed up my personal preorder, and here I am, weeks later, stuck with my EVO 3D still… (I know, I know – first world problems!) ;-)

May 31, 2012 at 9:54 am

I pre-ordered mine through third part and they were saying it would be the first of June…. Sooooo I went to Walmart and asked if they had any in just for the hell of it and she sold me one!!! I think it was supposed to be her display phone cuz she didn’t have one up. But I took it anyways lol and I LOVE IT! I’ve had all the EVOs and this is the BEST

May 31, 2012 at 9:56 am

Nope, got a Galaxy Note instead :)

May 31, 2012 at 9:56 am

Where’s the option for “Didn’t pre-order and waiting to find one”?

May 31, 2012 at 9:59 am

This is a poll for those who preordered; the previous poll was about whether or not you preordered in the first place. All these polls are starting to get confusing, I guess! :)

May 31, 2012 at 10:09 am

I didn’t pre-order it, I saw on Twitter that someone had purchased on a Walmart. Out of curiosity I went up to Walmart and checked… of course they didn’t have it. I then went back to Twitter and the person who made the purchase said some Walmarts don’t carry Sprint phones. Out of more curiosity I looked up Walmarts that carried Sprint, and sure enough the one I went to did not. So I ventured a little further to a Walmart I was certain sold Sprint phones and low and below the EVO 4G LTE was behind the counter. I thought to myself… they might have instruction not to sell it so I’m going to have to play this right.

I found the lady working the electronics counter and asked her about “Upgrades” she brought me to the Sprint display and tried to explain some useless phone knowledge. I quickly deterred the conversation by asking about “New” Sprint phones. She replies “you know what, we just got a few in today”. So she goes behind the counter and starts naming them off, before she could finish I pointed and said “Let me see that one”. She pulled it out and said “you know what’s funny, we had signs on the glass earlier saying we didn’t have this phone, but since I saw it I took the signs down. Actually I just told another customer we didn’t have it because of those said signs.” I was literally floored. How could I be so lucky. And then, it got better. The upgrade price was only $158.00. I don’t know how I got so lucky, but I love this phone and I’m glad I now have it. To all those who pre-ordered it and still haven’t received it, I feel terrible for you but insist you won’t be sorry you when you get the phone.

May 31, 2012 at 11:04 am

I got my Eco threw Wal Mart. I also managedyo get a 4G connectiont today while I was at at work. I was on break and happened to look at my internet and was on 4G I ran a speed test and lost the connection. I went into the settings and turned off the internet and turned on LTE/CDMA on and got the 4G connection again I ran a few speed test and got 3/5 megs every test. Does anybody know how I can take screen shots and I’ll send it to Pocketables? I live in Houston and I know we are to be the first city’s with 4g.

May 31, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hold power + volume rocker down for screen shot

May 31, 2012 at 11:10 am

I didn’t have the money until this past weekend so I didn’t preorder, I have the money now so started looking, based on some of the boards found out that Walmart was selling, we have 6 in town so started going around to them, only 2 of them sell Sprint phones, so i went to one of the 2 yesterday and they had one so i got it for my wife, love phone waiting to find one to replace my OG EVO. I am going to Houston this weekend maybe I can find one there.

May 31, 2012 at 11:11 am

The HTC EVO 4G LTE is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

May 31, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Got mine 8 days ago, hard to remember how I got along without it!

May 31, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Got mine at WalMart (of all places) yesterday!

May 31, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I pre-ordered from Best Buy and received an email on 5/24 that I could pick up the phone; it could not have been easier.

I’ve had all three EVOs and when I got the 3D it was nice and fast but not a big upgrade. With the LTE I have the same feeling I did with the OG EVO. This is really a great phone.