DigitalKarma v7:Heaven ROM available for the HTC EVO 4G

2012 06 14 15.33.50 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereDigitalKarma is a Sense-based Gingerbread ROM for the original HTC EVO 4G that aims at giving a Sense 4.0 feel on a Sense 1.0 base.

On my first run through DK country, I was impressed at the theming. I may be a sucker for desaturated themes, but the glowing bonsai tree matching the menu and settings when I opened it up was very nice. All the themes on this, including the Sense 4.0 HTC theme, are done very nicely.

On the engine side, DigitalKarma packs the Underworld 0.7 SBC kernel, the Sony X-Loud and Bravia engines, DSP manager, V^ SuperCharger, and a host of features too long to mention here.

I’ll point out that DigitalKarma also ships with a lot of tools pre-installed, including WiFi tethering, the old RSA/4G Key checker which I haven’t thought about in a long time, A2SD, and Rapfox FTP server. Once you get this ROM, you probably aren’t going to have to go hunting down any other tools. It’s just sort of all in one place.

It’s a very fast little ROM, very well laid out, very pretty, and responsive. It’s kind of hard to run though because it’s just so nice to look at.

2012 06 14 15.34.16 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here2012 06 14 15.51.45 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

2012 06 14 15.52.08 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here2012 06 14 15.52.52 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

[xda-developers]
become a patron button - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

Paul E King

8 thoughts on “DigitalKarma v7:Heaven ROM available for the HTC EVO 4G

June 15, 2012 at 7:29 am

Team D.I.R.T strikes AGAIN!! Oh and you’r right Paul, this ROM is very fast, responsive and is great to look at :)

June 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Yeah, Paul, Im running this rom just south of you in Spring Hill, TN

June 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm

It’s wicked pretty, I wish it had been around when I was using the OG 4G as my primary.

June 16, 2012 at 9:12 am

Team D.I.R.T. rocks!!! sZense or ICS you can’t go wrong with those guys…

June 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Dumb question, how do I go from CM 7.1 to this one? Getting bored and would like a little change of scenery.

June 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Depending on if you want to salvage any of your data or not depends on how you go about it…

As this is Sense-based, it’s going to be a single flash… just put it on the root of the SD card, make a nandroid backup of your CM 7.1 in case you decide you hate it, wipe to factory settings / clear all settings / factory reset whatever your recovery calls it, and flash away.

For me, I titanium backup everything and then restore a few apps on the other side as it doesn’t kill your SD card contents

June 18, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Awesome, thanks for the response. I loved CM 7.1, but I’ve been getting bored with it/been having some GPS issues that I’ve been reading having a Sense based ROM helps with the issues. Hopefully that’ll help.

July 7, 2012 at 8:09 pm

this is a good rom but it has its hiccups…mainly that external bluetoothe controls for music doesn’t work. And for some reason my internet pages seems to be loading slower than usual, really they stall out alot since switching to the rom. still cool but I will be switching, I like pressing play on my headset and having my music start playing without having to touch my phone.