Good and EVOHacks

HTC EVO 4G LTE gets true S-OFF

unlimited io - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

The HTC EVO 4G LTE has finally achieved S-OFF, not that it was particularly unfriendly towards developers without it. In any case, this should come as welcome news to those of you in the root community who prefer to maintain full control over all aspects of you device.

Here’s the announcement made by the folks over at Unlimited.io:

LazyPanda is the second release from team Unlimited.IO. It is a tool for gaining (radio) S-OFF on one or more HTC phones and flashing a custom bootloader that supports full write/erase fastboot commands.

LazyPanda does not provide root access, however with S-OFF this is a simple process of flashing superuser from recovery.

LazyPanda comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied), and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task. We have made every effort we can to make this a safe process for users however the authors disclaim any liability for damage to your phone or other materials or devices used during this process. The entire risk of running LazyPanda lies with you, the user. By downloading and/or using any software, video file or text from this website you acknowledge and accept that the authors are not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

Full instructions on gaining S-OFF can be found at the source link below, but just keep in mind that you need to take full responsibility if you do something to mess up your device. That being said, Paul told me last night that the process is extremely easy, so most of you shouldn’t run into any difficulty.

Happy unlocking!

[Unlimited.ioThanks, Jeff!

John F

21 thoughts on “HTC EVO 4G LTE gets true S-OFF

• More than likely this will do a wipe/factory reset, correct?

• out of curiosity… Any explanation on how it all works? As before, you would need the htc dev unlock tool.

• Noob question…

What exactly can I do with S-Off. I used regaw root method and I find that I can pretty much flash anything. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I did this today at lunch and it worked perfectly on my linux box. I had a backup with Titanium just in case, but I had no issues what so ever. Then I just installed GooManager and put TWRP on my phone and made a nandroid. All good. :)

• worked like a champ!!
    thanks

• So i ran the executeable. The phone rebooted and said something about the SD card being cleared. After a few moments, the phone shut off, and is now a very expensive paperweight. >.< please tell me im not the only one

• Will this obtain a token from HTCDev? This is why I have not acquired S-OFF with the previous methods.

• I do not believe it does, but your question has me curious if it actually does. I have not tried it yet.

• I now have s-off yessss

Kyle – there have been a few reports of this happening over at XDA. Head over to the thread and read what others have done to fix it. I am pretty sure they all fixed the issue but it took a lot of work on their end. They still aren’t sure what is causing it to happen and it appears that it is only happening to those using the Windows version of the script.

Sorry man, but it can be fixed.

• @abe No, this does not use HTC DEV at all…

• @SDI

Thanks for the confirmation! Ill have to be doing this then, since I am only rooted right now.

• i bit the bullet and did it!! it was so easy!! make sure u have the drivers in stalled.. uninstall htc sync.. plug ya lte in to usb.. sit back it let it run.. took like 5 mins.. deff the easyest out of all the evo’s.. i rooted my og evo.. my evo 3d and now lte.. this was the simplest s-off. for sure

• I keep getting the “Cannot find the panda” error when running Feedpanda.exe as admin. Any pointers? Couldn’t find anything on XDA. Thanks in advance.

@will so am I any help?
      its saying cant find or feed the panda lol

• Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.