AndroidGood and EVO

HTC EVO 4G LTE might receive another small OTA update soon

htc software update - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S III for Sprint have both received small OTA updates with small bug fixes, but perhaps most notable is that these updates enable  the LTE radios by default. Interestingly enough, the HTC EVO 4G LTE is said to also be getting another small OTA soon that will also enable LTE by default.

This is according to a recent report from Phandroid, which cites sources from within Sprint. However, I’m not quite convinced of the validity of this statement, given that the EVO 4G LTE already had LTE turned on by default – at least in the several units I’ve looked at.

In any case, the device still does need a few bug fixes, so hopefully any future OTA update will address that. Namely, there are still some calendar/tasks bugs, along with that pesky menu bar at the bottom of the screen that appears unnecessarily in some apps. Additionally, I’ve read reports of some users with continued WiFi connectivity problems.

Time will tell, of course, but hopefully Sprint and HTC will at least be able to fix these remaining bugs soon, and then give us Jelly Bean shortly after.

[Phandroid]

John F

17 thoughts on “HTC EVO 4G LTE might receive another small OTA update soon

Just hope this minor OTA update doesn’t get rid of my ‘Universal Search’ like it did on the SGIII. Damn I HATE Apple.

• Didn’t Samsung just come out and say that they didn’t actually mean to remove universal search, and it’s coming back? Or am I making that up?

Yup John you’re right, the OTA Sammy phones are getting puts it back on. Just read this.

• That was only for international models, it’s intended on US SGS3.

• Yes, I’m still having occasional connectivity problems with my EVO 4G LTE. Makes me want to throw it sometimes….

• What worked for my connectivity issues was go to the wifi settings, go to advanced, then change your wifi frequency to 2.4ghz only.

• I’ve no problems with wifi connection. It’s the 3G and LTE that I have a problem with. Keeps going from connect to disconnected to connecting through out the day, if it wasn’t for wifi I would be sunk

• @Chris, don’t throw it! Please! It’ll be okay! @Brian, I didn’t know we had universal search on our EVO’S. I better go check that out!

Yeah just add the the “g” search app to your home screen. Gotta love it.

Hopefully they will include a fix for Blue Tooth….since I can’t keep it connected to my car’s bluetooth. Have spoke to their tech dept…they said they are working on a fix for it…

• I’m glad I’m not the only one having issues with bluetooth syncing with my car. It never happened with my OG EVO, so I figured it was the phone.

C’mom – Phandroid?

You can’t depend on anything posted there because their site moderators selectively edit their forum postings.

Hopefully they turn the volume up. My OG Evo is louder.

• Get Volume+, i did and it works good

• What about about battery life? Many complained that it was diminished with previous update, is it true? Did someone notice any difference in it and can confirm it?

I did notice a battery life issue and i use to get 10-12 hours of good 60 percent or better, now its almost cut in half.

ICS for EVO 3D on Sprint. Today here in South Jersey