Pocketables week in review: 6/30-7/06
Here’s a quick recap of some of this week’s highlights from Pocketables, just in case you missed something interesting.
- Why are ereaders still stand-alone devices?
- The iPad may have over 225,000 apps, but it doesn’t have everything
- Pricing Windows 8 Pro at $40 was a smart move
- Mobile browsers need plug-ins, too
- What happened to mobile devices having video input?
- The Replug might be the audio pogo pin connector the Nexus (and other devices) is missing
- Why I ended up rooting my Galaxy S II
- I wish Apple would add quality selection to its media streaming apps
- I want better control of the “All” section of “My Apps” in Google Play
- Apple needs to stop adding new hardware features and focus on battery life
- Accessory review: Seidio Convert Combo for HTC EVO 4G LTE
- Mini-review: Airport Utility for iOS is an invaluable tool, if you have an Airport router
- Accessory review: IPEVO 360 Degrees Rotating Folio for the new iPad and iPad 2
- How to survive Google products on an internetless vacation
- I’ve given up on my dream of an all-powerful Ultrabook
- Windows 8 tip: snap apps with minimal mouse movement
- Living with the Windows 8 Release Preview: Part 4
- How to customize an Android home screen, part 1: Launcher basics
- Would you buy an “Amazon Kindle” phone?
- My preferred app for video: MX Player (Android)
- An in-depth look at Windows 8′s Remote Desktop app
- Get Jelly Bean’s Sound Search on your Ice Cream Sandwich device today, no root needed
- HBO GO is now available on all Android tablets
- My preferred keyboard: Perfect Keyboard (Android)
Good and EVO:
- ROM Picks: RemICS-UX port for the HTC EVO 4G
- White HTC EVO 4G LTE to arrive on Sprint July 15
- HTC EVO 3D for Rogers in Canada gets ICS upgrade
- Overclocking makes its way to the HTC EVO 4G LTE
- Does your HTC EVO 4G LTE have multiple personalities, too?
- ROM Picks: MeanROM ICS 0.9 for the HTC EVO 4G LTE