Good and EVO

CyanogenMod 10 nightlies now being served for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

2012 08 22 12.08.251 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereWhile not yet listed on the supported devices page, the HTC EVO 4G LTE is being served nightly builds of CyanogenMod 10 by the official CM repository. CyanogenMod is a custom replacement ROM for many Android devices that offers speed, stability, and a continuing upgrade and development path after carriers have abandoned a device.

The current CyanogenMod nightlies are based off of Deck’s CMX that we did a hands-on with a few days ago, although they might be a bit behind what is in the development threads.

If you’re S-ON and interested in trying this out, you might have to flash using the latest TWRP with Dumlock enabled. You could use Flash Image GUI, but if something goes wrong, you’ll be stuck with a phone that has an incorrect kernel and no easy way to restore the stock kernel. Dumlock can be enabled under Advanced Options in TWRP and allows for installs to S-ON/HTCDev unlocked devices.

The remaining bugs appear to be as follows: some issues when switching between 4G and 3G/WiFi; an issue where the proximity sensor is wonky in artificial lighting; and a phone process that crashes once or twice after bootup. However, it’s reported that Netflix is now working, Google Wallet is a go, and video recording works on the regular camera.

If you’re flashing it, let us know how it’s working for you.

[CyanogenMod | Development Thread]

Paul E King

29 thoughts on “CyanogenMod 10 nightlies now being served for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

• Flashed it last night. The rom installed really fast, much faster installing CM 7 with OG Evo. The rom is pretty stable, and the inital prompt indicating the phone has crashed is annoying, and toggling between the camera and the video camera caused it to crash. Besides that, its definitely stable enough as a daily.

im too much of a sense fan.. even though i would love to run this when its stable.. honestly i think its the watch weather widget from sense.. if i can get that on this ill flash it.. lol

NICE!!!! I tried the second link because its the actual apk from the sense clock. Im running viper4grom and have never tried Cyanogen. Thanks!

I also had a question about this rom and the tweaks.. do you know if you can tweak the cpu? the viper4g rom i have i can get my evo to use a single core and still runs smooth.. its for saving battery life.. moderate use throughout the day since 8am i still have 75% when i get home at night around 1030pm-1100pm thats alot and i would like to keep it like that haha

I can report that both Google wallet and Netflix is running like a champ. Google wallets new update witch allows for you to add any major debit card is rather amazing. The city I live in is Google friendly with gas stations to grocery stores to fast food places on a very corner. As for Netflix my son steals my phone away to watch barney all the time so its a must and having it running helps a lot. The only thing missing is the HTC sence camera that came stock but as we all know its not that easy to have a stock feature running on an Alsop ROM but who knows maybe one day will get the best of both worlds

I have a feeling that unless something blows up, we’re about to have some major camera innovation in the CM-based ROMs.

This is wonderful news, thanks Paul for the write up! You said is based off decks work? Lil confused as to weather I should look at switching? I’m running decks version from your last review. Believe is th 20th build date. The lil bugs described are exactly the little things I’ve noticed on my version. So.. Any reason to switch and is there a clearer way of knowing when deck updates and newer versions are released? Camera innovation/upgrades – now we’re talking!

Another note. Not sure if completely new version or not but team viper seems to be pumping out incredible new roms for htc devices! Kinda scary what they might have up sleeve for JB.?

There was an announcement I saw after I posted this – wrote it up on Saturday (I think) but we’re not supposed to post on the weekend… Deck is the current maintainer of CMX for the EVO 4G LTE so Deck’s CMX i*is* Cyanogenmod 10 EVO LTE.

The IRC should get you up to the minute, the development thread is updated before it goes to the nightlies…

I’ll keep poking in to see if things are fixed on it and post as available.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. And I look forward to CM10 really getting “perfect” soon enough. Another lil bug I’ve found – when receiving a mms, if the other person has attached more than 1 pic it won’t open correctly. Will just open for half a split second. You can still long press message and save attachments for viewing, but that’s the only way to see them.

What settings do you recommend for the cam? on my OG evo i tweaked it a little to get good pictures but with this one i dont even know where to start mainly because ive been busy working to care about the cam :(.. Your input is greatly appreciated.

I have no recommendation on cam or kernel tweaks for this ROM yet… it’s still a bit wobbly… probably will be seeing some useful settings soon enough

Well I hope your right cuz like I sated before HTC did something amazing with its camera apk and anything else feels like a step backwards at the moment

• Aw, Google Wallet isn’t working for me, I get the old not-for-your-device popup.

Not for your device = you have the old firmware and need to update it (you don’t have to update the hboot, just the radios)

This Device is Unsupported = you’re rooted and it will work anyway…I pay with it saying “unsupported” all the time.

My unsupported warning went away when I put JB on it… That seems weird to me but oh well,

I believe it will still work just fine. (despite pop up warning) give it a go

Sry, quick question. What should I “wipe or clear” before flashing? Again I’m already running previous version.

Do what’s called a dirty flash…..get into boot loader and just flash the zip along with gaps and then reboot. It will apply all the updates and you won’t loss your presets….enjoy man

Acsyndicate.net

Kinda what I thought. Wait.. I have to re flash gapps too?

Im not 100% but I always do it just to be safe man

It seems as though I’m getting worse battery life with CMX vs MeanRom. Anyone else getting something like this? It could just be my new apartment though, next to no signal here.

Mine seems allot better actually. Although according to linpack my speeds are allot slower. Although it seems faster.

• Nice, great news for the EVO. Are you planning on doing a CM review at some point Paul? (possibly when it’s closer to a RC or whatever?) A lot of people have no clue what’s really native to Sense and what isn’t, specially if they’ve always used HTC phones… CM also adds a lot of tweaks over stock Android that a lot of other AOSP ROMs can’t match.

Is running well on my phone.

My Gps is not working. It doesn’t even try to lock. Anybody having this problem?

Someone else told me they had that problem, I’m trying to find any info on it. It worked for me with no problems..

I’ll update if I find anyhting

Loving CM10 so far haven’t found any bug issues, does anyone know where I can get the latest radios?

look on Today’s G&E/Pocketables for the Sense 4.1 / Android 4.0.4 update, one of the links goes to the new radios.