Good and EVO

5-inch HTC phablet will arrive at Verizon

verizon leak - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

HTC rumors have been flying all over the place this week, leading up to HTC’s big press event on September 19. But at least we now have a little bit more to go on regarding the rumored 5-inch phone/tablet hybrid that will compete with Samsung’s Galaxy Note: according to an internal screenshot leaked from inside the depths of Verizon Wireless, a device code named the HTC 6435 will be available soon.

The most common speculation is that this device is the mysterious black and red phone that posed for some blurry cam shots, and which I originally thought might be a new mid-range addition to the HTC EVO lineup. While the actual size of device in those blurry images is hard to gauge, I’m now starting to think that it is indeed this 5-inch phablet that will head to Verizon. I just wonder if this will be branded an HTC One device, or something else.

Of course, this should go without saying, but you should be taking all of this with a grain of salt until we get official confirmation from HTC.

[Engadget]

John F

12 thoughts on “5-inch HTC phablet will arrive at Verizon

I dont think its the red phone. I think it something else.

• At first I thought that red device looked too small. Then I realized that 5 inches isn’t too much larger than current phones.

5 inches doesnt seem that impressive, although I guess some guys would differ. ;)

I’ve been thinking about dumping Sprint and wanted to go to Verizon over the passed month but the lack of the One series being on verizon has kept me with Sprint.But if this is indeed what we’re thinking it is then I will pay my One yer remaining Early termination fee and finally get some real LTE.

But of course I will wait and see exactly what it is were getting here.

They are not “phablets”, there is no such thing as a phablet… There are either phones OR tablets and the only difference between them is native cell phone functionality.

“Phablets” is a newish marketing term that someone came up with to make a Streak/Note-like phones with emphasis on the phone… “Look it makes phone calls also”

Agree, hate the term “phablets”. It is completely unhelpful. Call it a MID if you need a useless term that actually says something. My Note is fabulous, but it isn’t that big. I don’t notice it anymore in my pocket than I did my Galaxy S (with 4″ screen).

I wonder what HTC model and which carrier will get
    that red and black phone?

• I don’t know how good it will be compared to the galaxy note. I’m still waiting for htc to come out with something that can compete with the s3. My upgrade is available now and I have to upgrade by december or i lose it. I guess we’ll see what happens between now and then.

I think the blurry phone was a red herring. Also, I hope it doesn’t come with a “recent apps” button. Such a stupid button that I so badly will want to reprogram once I upgrade my EVO 4G. Seriously, turn the recent apps button back into a settings/menu button.

I’m not a fan of the mini tablet/giant phone thing. It’s too large to be as mobile as a phone.

phablets<phones or tablets. 4.5" is just about the max….

I still dont buy into this phablet niche market. They are big, bulky, and simply too oversized to just carry around.

Just get a normal phone and a tablet. Thats it.