AndroidGood and EVO

htc blurry pic - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

Chinese site Techorz has posted blurry pics of a new, mysterious HTC device that it thinks might be the as-of-yet unannounced HTC Endeavour C2, or the HTC One X+ that could be released on October 1 and eventually make its way to T-Mobile here in the States. Additionally, Techorz says that this device will have a Snapdragon S4 CPU, 2GB of RAM, Jelly Bean, and either a 1080p or 720p HD display.

At this point, this is really just speculation. Other rumors are flying around that this could be the fabled HTC 5-inch phablet. I’m still speculating that HTC might also announce a mid-range HTC EVO phone, perhaps another GSM-compatible world EVO, like the EVO Design 4G. (The red accents in the above picture have me even more convinced that perhaps this is another EVO.)

Of course, this will all become clearer on September 19, when HTC will hold a press event and reveal exactly what its plans are. In the meantime, speculation and blurry pics are all we have to go on.

htc blurry pic 2 - for some reason we don't have an alt tag here

[Techorz via Android Central]

John F

35 thoughts on “Blurry pics of a new mystery HTC device surface two weeks before HTC’s press event

Looks a lot like a customized evo lte..? Instead of the brushed metal, is painted red and red vol buttons too.
    Thoughts?

yep it sure does bro!

Front Camera is on wrong side for an evo lte

The red is clearly separate from the rest of the body, whereas the aluminium on the LTE is one continuous piece. Also the volume rocker on the LTE is offset from the metal, here it is inline. Additionally there is no “shutter release” on that device.

The FFC is on the opposite side in the frontal shot (though the image could be reversed) and the earpiece grille appears to be at the very top of the face where on the LTE it sits ~1/4 in. down. The HTC logo also does not appear to be on the front glass where it is on the LTE.

Looks like a DELL Streak

Agreed. I took first glance, but yes those things are different from my lte. Was the “international” htc evo4g – sorry forgot the name but remember it was a slight bumb in performance- any different in overall build or like these things we are noticing different with this picture and current evo lte?

I guess I’m just getting @ it looking a whole lot closer to current evo lte as opposed to the ONE series of devices.

Hmmm interesting has EVO smell to it….the red looks nice even if it were a mod. But umm why so blurry lol..and from reflection anyone know what phone was used to take the blurry pic. I mean two blurry pics what are the chances with a stationary object..I’m sure a few shots could have been taken ….well now we wait…..tick tock tick tock

Phone in the reflection looks to be a one X

wonder when or if it becomes available for sprint?

I think its going to be a Verizon phone. It is simply too red to be some type of Sprint phone (EVO line).
    It is probably a variation of the EVOLTE that has some things added/removed according to the carriers request.
    But who knows, only time will tell when the info is released.

i cant wait to see what htc has in store

• Has Verizon had a new HTC phone lately? Could be a version for them.

I love it when pictures of unidentified phones show up on pocketables. I like the suspense and that it brings until the device is officially released!

It looks good, but my white evo lte looks better. ;)

Is that a giant kickstand on the back of it? Seems rather odd.

I believe that’s the volume rocker

Leaks like this are meant to cause a stir and create speculation especially right before a major announcement. I think the fact that the pics are blurry are a deliberate attempt to do just that. It’s like leaving an iPhone at a bar so that it can be stolen right before it’s release. HTC is probably behind this and why not? Nothing wrong with it but for now I think its a smaller and less powerful EVO.

One X+ is supposed to come out next, no? Probably that.

I hate these kind of rumours – it’s more than sure for me that some insider shot a prototype of a new device and published it somewhere just to make some noise before the device’s official announce. But I guess that’s all marketing and should be in HTC’s favour.

looks like an EVO to me.

I love HTC. But I don’t see anything incredibly remarkable about it, I can’t get excited unless I know some Specs on it first. The red is nice touch though, I hope it’s a new model though and not a revamped version of the LTE for a different carrier.

• If the specs beat or compare to the s3 then I’m in. But if their missing little things here and there and battery life still sucks like on my 3d then evo3d will be the last htc phone I own for a long time.

• I dub the HTC EVO LTE + :-D aka my next phone.

I hope that the charging port is in a different place than the evo lte

Remember when HTC said they were going to focus on making and supporting a smaller number of phones in 2012 as their strategy? Well that sure lasted long.

HTC wouldnt put out a phone that defeats the lte on sprint in a matter of months would they? how upset would all of us with evoltes be if they did that?!

This thing like others have said seems to look a lot like the EVO LTE with subtle exterior changes and perhaps larger size. Will be interesting to see what is revealed on the 19th

Looks intriguing, but I would still get an EVO LTE, so long as this things specs didn’t beat that, which I doubt. If it did, Sprint would be involved somehow… Actually what I really want as an upgrade to my EVO 3D is the new Nokia Lumia 920, but I doubt Sprint will be getting that :/

Microsoft is winning me over in this battle!

If this pic was taken with an htc one, then it just makes it look like it has a bad camera, considering the camera was supposed to be one of it’s selling points XD

This could easily be a tablet, couldn’t it?

I’ll take 2…. but why is Mr. Blurry cam always such a bad photographer.