Good and EVO

Droid GTRv2.0 Twinturbo ROM available for the HTC EVO 4G

TwinTurbo - for some reason we don't have an alt tag hereDroid GTRv2.0 Twinturbo is a custom ROM for the original HTC EVO 4G built on a CyanogenMod 7.2/Gingerbread AOSP base and finely tuned for performance.

GTR ships with the Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC kernel, which allows for overclocking to 1.2GHz and superior battery charging. It emulates HTC Beats, Sony XLoud, and the Bravia camera engine with panoramic photo capabilities. It has multiple themes based on the stock looks of several other phones, so if you wonder what it would be like to have that phone, theme away.

The build.prop has been modified so Google Play thinks you’re on an HTC Sensation; supposedly there are some more apps available, although I do not know what they might be.

As this is on a 7.2/GB version of Android, there will be no Chrome or Google Now available. Hopefully, there will be a stable CMX base available soon, but for now it’s a completely working, very nicely themed and laid out ROM presentation with some neat additions from other phones.

It’s nice to see the original EVO still receiving development love. It’s also kind of a blast from the past to see ADW launcher thrown in the screenshots.

If you flash it, let us know how it works for you.

[xda-developers]

Paul E King

13 thoughts on “Droid GTRv2.0 Twinturbo ROM available for the HTC EVO 4G

• Link please. Thank you!

whoops, link is fixed now…

Could you double check that link? Still not working for me.

I updated it and it reverted… checking again now… rassafrassa

ok, took 3 tries, evidently the correct link was on one letter of the whole link… erased, redid, should be good… if not I am going to hang up my copy of notepad because I can’t do the html any more…

I’ve been using the 1.6 version for a while and it’s been great, so I am looking forward to seeing what 2.0 can do!

I might dust off the old evo and try this one out.

How the battery life compared to tiamat 3.3.7?
    This kernel with stock cm7.2 gives me easy one
    day of pretty heavy use on an Anker 1700 mah battery

can’t accurately comment on it as my 4G OG is a wifi-only device these days

Amazing how the EVO 4G is still supported… Wish the EVO 3D had that much support.

How is the stability vs the vanilla version of CM7.2?

Flashed this ROM just out of curiosity and haven’t even looked back at MikMik. I’ve only had one random reboot in the past two weeks. I haven’t tested a bunch of stuff, but the things I use daily seem to work just fine. Even the panoramic camera works fairly well.